Thursday, June 17, 2010

Old...

For us ol' gals gettin' long in the tooth, guess you never thought about those days a comin'...but they do...and all too fast once you start feelin' it in yer bones.

...and what a compliment to be 'long in the tooth'...nothing like being compared to a horse, as a woman ages...
But now as I rise each morning, I feel the ravages of time...the fingers are starting to bend with slow arthritic scorn, once strong, I now have problems with those 'baby-proof' everything containers...
and why does it feel like every bra is a bungee jump...?

...and as much as I love dog grooming, I know my days are numbered...don't freak out friends...it ain't here yet, but I've been very busy this summer with groomings and the effects are being felt in the fingers. Good, conscientious(kind) groomers are hard to find...and one that you can afford, even harder.

I charge $18.00 for most groomings, now mind you I only do small dogs, but I think it's a fair price with today's economic struggles...I never was one to gouge.
Now you know why I'm so busy...

Like time worn candles...we still serve a purpose well...
which reminds me, I gotta make more candles...argh...

...and I pray for the strength to continue in health to finish my job here on this
great blue bubble...Earth and...
Sweet Repose

11 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh I sooo hear ya, Sista! I go to Zumba with all those young girls who jump and bounce and SMILE while doing it as I grimace and groan just to attempt to keep up..
Why it is so hard for us to be kind to ourselves and not try to "keep up"? I am trying to embrace this new stage of my life..but I stilklk think, in my mind, that I am in my 20's and can do it all...and that "old people" are others..not ME!? hahahaha..youbetcha!

Golden West said...

You are so right, Sharon, without good health, life gets really difficult, fast. All the more reason to be thankful every day for the blessings we have and try not to take it for granted.

Gatherings said...

I am just starting to believe any day above ground is a good one! W

simplyiowa said...

Hey Sharon...
I know what you mean... Some days, I just hurt everywhere...We have lot's of 'miles' on these old bones.... But... I wouldn't change a thing... All the bumps, and curves, even a few ruts... { and I'm not just talking about my body...} It is all about the journey...as painful, yet, so incredibly rewarding...
Take care....
Barb C.
{I love every image of the critters....}

willow said...

Oh, sheesh, I hear ya, too!!! Oy!!!

time-worn interiors said...

Hey girl, I feel your pain! I could never imagine falling asleep while watching TV! But I do! I just can't hold up like I used to! Hang in there Sis!
Theresa

turquoisemoon said...

You are soooo right...funny how the mind does feel 20ish. This getting old sure ain't for cowards...
xoxox

summersundays-jw said...

Do I ever feel your pain. I just take 3 more Ibuprophen. And I also find that a glass of wine in the evening also helps. Jan

T said...

When I was young I never imagined being this old. Now that I am I don't feel this old, until my bones start aching. Age is a funny thing. They say your only as old as you feel - well....somedays I feel 10 years older than I am. Gotta love it, keep on moving.

cconz said...

I hear you sharon, Wow it's the 1st steps out of bed that get me. The energy i had seems to be a fading memory!!! HA!

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

I don't know how you do it all, Sharon. I get emails that you've sent at 4 a.m.!!! I notice changes in my body with each passing year and when I'm laying on the ground painting furniture, it's not as easy to get up as it used to be. Peace, sistah!