Thursday, November 6, 2008

Got Junk...









They is a whole bunch of us crazies out there...right...the salvagers of the world united, in finding and refurbishing the illusive junk pile. I am always amazed when someone says, you just can't find the good stuff anymore, define good stuff...


I never have a problem finding anything, I am just always on the lookout and never know what I'll trip over next. I like to swing with the trends and right now the trend is JUNK. Even the stuffy folks that wouldn't have anything but perfect in their homes, are finding that the one piece of 'funky junk', makes a perfect statement as 'I am not afraid to take decorative risks'.

I am always amazed at the stuff the dealers come up with at the shows, like TOT of Timeworn Interiors or Theresa of Garden Antiques Vintage and Trish of The Red Door Antiques. Everyone is friends at these huge events and all share loads of laughs and loads of tales on how they came up with some of their pieces and how far they had to go to get them.


But we all know how much fun it is to do the search...getting away for the crawl threw the shops to discover the perfect piece and sometimes knowing that it was WAY too expensive, but it was the piece needed to finish the look desired...so you can pull in the dealers like Rachel Ashwell, Mary Emmerling and Sue Whitney...and not to forget the crazy buyers, like the infamous Chippys, Lauri and Lulu.


All I can say is JUNK ON...you can never have enough stuff!