Monday, November 10, 2008

Mysteries of the Orient






Not a lot of people like oriental art, a thing of the 60's and 70's, but I have always had a thing for it. I think it's just the whole mystery of the land that fascinates me. To take a landscape and miniaturize it with cork cutouts, just goes beyond my imagination. Every once in a while I will find a piece to add to my collection and I just stare in awe at the artistry. I love to surround myself with such intricate beauty and perhaps envision the landscape of Japan or perhaps Malaysia. Japan and China hold the real fascination for me though, the painted landscapes, the customs, the warrior history of the past and opera and musical instruments...oh my...too much fascination to get into.


But this is some of my collection that I just can't seem to part with...as many of my collections have gone by the wayside, to be replaced with new addictions. But what fun to have and to not have...that is the question...what to collect next. Right now it's old beads and vintage fabrics, damask and velvets...sound like a project in the making...aye!