Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Plight of the Honey Bee


So sad that our little friend the honey bee, is suffering so and I believe we are the culprits...as usual! Having read up on many of the issues about this problem, it seems the most likely is cell phone use. Communication waves going from tower to tower has interrupted flight paths and caused bees to get lost, just aimlessly flying till they drop dead.


What is the answer in a world so polluted by man's very existence? We take, take, take, never thinking of the consequence, all in the name of science and technology. Some day the world will wake up and realize that we are over-populated and can't control ourselves in the natural order of things. In the wild, animals and insects have natural population controls in effect. We think it cruel when a female animal kills her own young, it's natural selection, to keep the population healthy and strong. And you wonder why disease and cancers are rampant...we are no longer of healthy stock...think about it.


My little bee necklace is yellow turquoise, who woulda thought, but I absolutely love it, it's just a beautiful stone. Looks a bit like pollen, in my eye anyway. With the little bee charm and the words 'bee free', this little piece will appeal to the Nature lover in you.


Oh, my little bee,
I think not of your demise,
only your freedom.

12 comments:

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

BEEEEE-Haaaave..
I CALL DIBS on the necklace!
Keep our bees safe....plant native plants and flowers...no spraying...
stay green and the sweetness comes to you
ox lulu

trash talk said...

I think this is my favorite piece of art you have done so far. Beautiful! Makes me want to throw away my cell phone. Tn'T

dulcy said...

Love this wonderful little bee necklace!

willow said...

Truly sad about the honey bees, but love your bee necklace! And it's even displayed on a great vintage bee book!

MuseSwings said...

I LOVE your bee necklace and your tribute to all the little MIA bees of the world!

Ali said...

Such a beautiful necklace! the turquoise reminded me of pollen too!

High Desert Diva said...

Brilliant necklace!


The bee plight reminds me of the whale/Navy sonar fiasco. Have you read about it in the news. Bah!

white o'morn cottage said...

So true...so sad

cconz said...

Sharon,your a busy little beee. love the necklace. Whatever you touch turns to gold.

summersundays-jw said...

I loved this necklace. I also love the "bee free". Do you mind if I use it on something? For some reason, I noticed more bees this year then the last couple years. Maybe the word is out that there aren't any pesticides in my yard. Bee nice! Jan

French Vanilla said...

I suppose many will say this sounds so "doom and gloom" but I think the end of existence will come from "Man" himself. How simpler life used to be. I sometimes think I would have been more comfortable in the 1880's... Thanks for your info on this subject (along with many others). So sad... peg

French Vanilla said...

I forgot to tell you I love the necklace!!! peg