Sunday, November 16, 2008

Of the Earth


A new piece...my love of Nature is exhibited in all I do, a love that has been with me all my life, always a Nature girl (Tomboy). To live harmoniously with the planet as was intended...how did we stray so far?


The simple, yet elegant stones of the Earth, polished and shaped, bring fantasy and memory of past lives...perhaps. I love using the muted colors of the Amazonite stones, pale colors of a misty morning in the garden, a garden of herbs, healing herbs of a lost art and a raspberry branch...wonderful fruits of it's labor and a leaf so packed with nourishment, known through the ages. Why would a pharmaceutical industry try to stop the sale of it's natural healing powers...the 'God of the Dollar' perhaps...false idol of the rich and famous.


But I have also incorporated vintage, amber glass beads and pendant, hung by twill 'herb' ribbon, crowning the sacred herbs.


This new piece is available on my website and at Sister's Garden.


Colors of passion,
a garden of miracles...
my heart strings, Gaia.

7 comments:

M.Kate said...

Beautiful piece and thks for the infor on the Amish..I read about them before, just didnt occur to me that the SSS was their mode of transportation. You dont think they'll mind if i hop on it if i were there right? hehe..have a good week ahead :D

T.Allen-Mercado said...

What an interesting piece; lots of texture-I lilke it. Thanks for sharing.

Greyscale Territory said...

So very lovely! This piece seems to hold a little fragment of your soul within it! It has an amazing sense of the sacred about it!

Roses and Lilacs said...

I really like amber. The pendant is lovely.
Marnie

High Desert Diva said...

I love the colors in this piece... very nice!

paisley said...

the concept of the herb ribbon around the back of the neck is ingenious.. i cannot tell you how much more comfortable that looks to the tender flesh on the back of the neck than a series of beads or twisted wires... oh i really think you are on to something here.......

Shab-n-Chic said...

That necklace is beautiful and I would be surprised if it's still around! As lovely as it is, I can't stop staring at the wonderful chipped painted piece it's laying on. A table? A door? Yours? I'm jealous.