Sunday, November 16, 2008

Of the Earth


A new piece...my love of Nature is exhibited in all I do, a love that has been with me all my life, always a Nature girl (Tomboy). To live harmoniously with the planet as was intended...how did we stray so far?


The simple, yet elegant stones of the Earth, polished and shaped, bring fantasy and memory of past lives...perhaps. I love using the muted colors of the Amazonite stones, pale colors of a misty morning in the garden, a garden of herbs, healing herbs of a lost art and a raspberry branch...wonderful fruits of it's labor and a leaf so packed with nourishment, known through the ages. Why would a pharmaceutical industry try to stop the sale of it's natural healing powers...the 'God of the Dollar' perhaps...false idol of the rich and famous.


But I have also incorporated vintage, amber glass beads and pendant, hung by twill 'herb' ribbon, crowning the sacred herbs.


This new piece is available on my website and at Sister's Garden.


Colors of passion,
a garden of miracles...
my heart strings, Gaia.