Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Moth Mist...


There is so much in Nature worthy of our copying, I can't help but focus my jewelry on it, to carry the memories with me always. The beautiful, ofttimes brilliant butterfly, seems to get all the press, while the lowly moth, seems to seek only the light in the evening, making it not so memorable to our fancy. A harbinger of the night, these mysterious jeweled UFOs lose the brilliance of the sun, as they treasure the shade and blend so well with their surroundings, they are hardly noticed.


Having found this wonderful moth charm, I just had to Verdi Gris it's surface to blend with the colors of the Amazonite that grace the antiqued wire. All one blend, the color is meant to disguise the moth against it's backdrop of Verdi stones. A word charm, stating this moth's passion... 'FREE'...is a simple statement to a complex creature.


Blue moth of the night
your disguise is your freedom
I want some of that.


Jewelry can be purchased off my website, but please email me for availability, as they are all displayed at Sister's Garden and may have been sold. Click on the 'antiques' button to find them.