Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shadow Shot Sunday--'A Longing'


The memory of you, sweet love,
rests in the marbled kingdoms of my fantasies.
If only I were there to bid you well,
we'd speak of plans yet laid,
dreams unfulfilled,
the emergence of life force on other planes,
of future...
My life, an illusion,
yet my walk with you, real.
In this cold place of dark shadow,
a distant world beckons.
At this place of given time and era,
a thousand people rest,
yet there seems a pulse.
A twinge of consciousness perhaps...
of dreams unfulfilled,
perhaps a beckoning,
perhaps of future.
I believe in this paradox...
this strange dwelling of life and death intertwined.
To accept it's reality on this parallel plane
gives comfort...
I see you there
waiting...
long arms stretched to my soul,
shall I shed this rope,
this lifeline in time...
A seafaring vessel on oceans of primeval past lives...
I linger at this life's estate,
nourished with life force
and will to receive...
Yet I walk this path with you
knowing where you stand
on my pier of promise,
your outstretched hand in mine...
into the realm of distant futures,
a longing...
It's shadow time at...Hey, Harriet come on and check us out...

22 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

That's a stunning shadow shot and and such beautiful words!

Oh & your link wasn't working, so I just deleted it & popped it back in. There was an extra period in there like last week. What's that about you crazy goose! ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hey Harriet said...

'and and'...?

Now who's the goose! ;D

Me!

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

Hey Sharon!!
Wonderful shot - as always a wonderful poem to go with it!

Sisters looks beautiful - wish we could come.....we'd go home with lots!

Have a great week!

Gina said...

Great SS Sharon and wonderful words once again..that's why I couldn't get in here earlier! Have a nice Sunday :D

Hot Fudge said...

Beautiful image and moving words to accompany it. I love it.

Kat said...

very powerful image this one, as always I love what you see and write..this one is quite forboading in a strong and beautiful way..

Greyscale Territory said...

Marvellous shadow shot. And the subject gives the shadow a real and metasphysical feel!

And your poem is regal as well as very down to earth. It reaches into the deepest shadows and yearnings of the spirit!

Dianne said...

haunting and poignant poem

and lovely shadows

Gallery Juana said...

Your poem really spoke to me. Image perfectly matches your poem too. The shadows and imagery really set the mood for your words.

High Desert Diva said...

Very moving...

bobbie said...

Very beautiful. The very long shadows seem most appropriate in the setting.

Lily Hydrangea said...

another beautiful poem and with a fitting shadow shot to go along, Thank you!
& thank you for identifying the sumac plant for me. I was hoping one of my blogging friends would know!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful shot and poem..You know, I enjoy a walk in the cemetery..something very interesting about it..especially reading the beautiful sayings from loved ones..
Happy SSS.

Pagan Sphinx said...

Dear SR:

I'm thrilled you came by my blog! I came over here and instantly bonded with what you have to say. Sorry if that sounds cliche but I don't know how else to say it. :-)

I LOVE your pink house. Sweet Repose, indeed!

Peace,
Pagan

Lisa B. said...

Ain't death grand?! Life's next big adventure!! Lovely SS and poem!

Paz said...

Beautiful shadow shot and poem. I like your new banner, too!

Paz

Pietro said...

Great poem and very attractive photograph!
I enjoy a lot this post.

Alissa Nicolau said...

Lovely trailing shadows across the lawn. Lovely banner also.

M.Kate said...

Wonderful shot and I love the wordings the most..you are really talented Sharon :D
hope you'll have a great week ahead, big hugs!

paisley said...

this strange dwelling of life and death intertwined.


an excellent descriptive line,, and a place i would truly love to go....

annette said...

Beautiful Sharon in photo and words :0)

ed said...

寄情築園小遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情遊戲,情色交友,嘟嘟情人色網,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,情色網,色情漫畫,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,視訊聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天,美女交友,視訊做愛,情色視訊,免費視訊