Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Save the turkey...eat the other white meat...

I have decided to give the turkey a rest this Thanksgiving...we are having Pineapple glazed ham, candied sweet taters, smashed taters with red-eye gravy, cornbread dressin', buttered (lots) white corn, home-grown string beans, bakin' powder biscuits with punkin' butter, cranberry relish and punkin' pie from scratch, with fresh whipped cream. A simple fair, but more than adequate.
This is the first Thanksgiving that I have been able to have at the Chateau and I am really looking forward to it. I didn't have a dining room table...well, one just happened to stumble my way a couple o' weeks ago...go figure and thank you Salvation Army...so it was all prearranged, I just had to wait.
But here's wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and try to remember... you have much to be thankful for, no matter how insignificant...