Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Save the turkey...eat the other white meat...

I have decided to give the turkey a rest this Thanksgiving...we are having Pineapple glazed ham, candied sweet taters, smashed taters with red-eye gravy, cornbread dressin', buttered (lots) white corn, home-grown string beans, bakin' powder biscuits with punkin' butter, cranberry relish and punkin' pie from scratch, with fresh whipped cream. A simple fair, but more than adequate.
This is the first Thanksgiving that I have been able to have at the Chateau and I am really looking forward to it. I didn't have a dining room table...well, one just happened to stumble my way a couple o' weeks ago...go figure and thank you Salvation Army...so it was all prearranged, I just had to wait.
But here's wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and try to remember... you have much to be thankful for, no matter how insignificant...

9 comments:

cconz said...

Pass on the meat this year. PIZZA PLEASE.have a great day baby. cath

paisley said...

i am thankful for having the opportunity to count you among my friends this year,, and forever indebted to you for all your kindness..

happy "piggy" day hon....

Catherine- Pink Rose Pastries said...

Oh good lord, you made me hungry just reading your wonderful post!! LOL Happy Thanksgiving to you!! xoxo Catherine

M.Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sharon, big hugs for the week..well, weekend's near yippee :D

timeworninteriors said...

Weeellllll......I didn't even know you could cook!!!!! Ha! Ha! Happy Ham Day!
Theothertheresa

Shab-n-Chic said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sharon..so glad we became buds. Your dinner sounds great and I'm sure Norbert is breathing a sigh of relief....oh wait, he's dead. hahaha.

misselaineous said...

I'm sitting here, so stuffed that I can't button my jeans, and my mouth is watering anyway over your Thanksgiving Day menu...sounds delicious!! You can take the girl out of the South...:} Happy Thanksgiving! *elaine*

High Desert Diva said...

What a great photo!

Your menu sounds delish! Hope you had a wonderful day!

trash talk said...

Fixed a orange juice basted Babe myself. I think I could get one home made biscuit down if you sent it my way, though! Happy Thanksgivin'! Debbie