Sunday, November 23, 2008

Of Olden Days...









Many thought the picture in my SSS was my kitchen, but in fact, it's a vignette set in Manley's Antique shop. LeeAnn and Dave have the most incredible gift for taking you by the hand and walking you through the past times and the morning sun was perfect shining through the windows. Their settings just make you want to come inside and have a cup of coffee and just sit a spell and visit. Although my kitchen is very similar, it is spoiled by the look of modern appliances...the fridge and the stove and a washer/dryer...but I think I will allow them to stay, as I'm not fond of hauling ice from the frozen river, though I do hang clothes outside on a line hooked to a tree, but there's nothing like a ice cold brew on a hot summer's day right outa the fridge.


I wish my kitchen looked that nice, I'm stripping my wood floors and my soap factory takes over my table and stove, but such is the life of the artisan...and it's just alright by me.

13 comments:

trash talk said...

Life can be so sweet when we let it be, huh my friend? Debbie

Tea Time With Melody said...

Oh, I love the desk with the connecting chairs, what a find that is. Would love to know what era that was and where it was actually used.

Utah Grammie said...

Yep - that desk is amazing! Love it. You always take suce great interesting shots - love to visit here. Braxie & Lulu sned puppy but-sniffs to Scratchy!
Colleen

Greyscale Territory said...

Some stunning pieces! But I am especially fond of those white shapes ~ like some support coming out of the wall! (Sorry! No idea what to call them!) They look as if they could be part of some Greek temple!

Sighhhh... You ask about my packing! Yep! It's getting to me! I had a moment of weakness and posted a rather sad post on my other blog! I wanted to keep my regular one bright and positive! Paisley found it almost immediately, even though I was trying to keep it a secret!

Lots of hard work to do still at school to wind up the year! I'll be glad to settle a little in a few more weeks!

Through it all, my blogging saves me from insanity

paisley said...

that desk is amazing.. i have never seen one like it before... oh to have a wall large enough to accommodate it!!!!!!

High Desert Diva said...

All those corbels...sigh...and THAT DESK...OMG...how stinkin' cool is that?!!

summersundays-jw said...

Love the architectural "stuff". Nice to know some of it is being salvaged. Would love to come to Iowa for a little antiqueing. Now that gas is around $1.56 here maybe we can take a trip. Have a great Thanksgiving! Jan

Karen from A`Musements said...

Love the old architectural features and shutters!!! Wow, what self-respecting gal doesn't love herself some shutters (the more cracks in the paint, the better) I have a "Gloss Starch" crate just like the one in your photo... Love the graphics on those, too!
xoxo
Karen

willow said...

Okay, I wondered how you liked using the old appliances! ;^)

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I'll take that cup of coffee now with lots of cream and sugar and I promise not to stay long!!

Susan S. said...

Awesome blog....I truly love your style and zest for life! Scratchy's precious...and yes...it IS all about him! Happy Holidays!

white o'morn cottage said...

love that desk --sort of His and hers seat/desk!

cconz said...

i love manleys, i'm going to have to get my bunns down there!!!. Have a great thanksgiving. Keep the lovely jewelry coming. can't wait to see the next creation.