Sunday, November 23, 2008

Of Olden Days...









Many thought the picture in my SSS was my kitchen, but in fact, it's a vignette set in Manley's Antique shop. LeeAnn and Dave have the most incredible gift for taking you by the hand and walking you through the past times and the morning sun was perfect shining through the windows. Their settings just make you want to come inside and have a cup of coffee and just sit a spell and visit. Although my kitchen is very similar, it is spoiled by the look of modern appliances...the fridge and the stove and a washer/dryer...but I think I will allow them to stay, as I'm not fond of hauling ice from the frozen river, though I do hang clothes outside on a line hooked to a tree, but there's nothing like a ice cold brew on a hot summer's day right outa the fridge.


I wish my kitchen looked that nice, I'm stripping my wood floors and my soap factory takes over my table and stove, but such is the life of the artisan...and it's just alright by me.