Friday, November 28, 2008

It was happenin' at Sisters' today...

The signs of Christmas are everywhere at Sister's Garden, lights and word signs made by Elaine, she has a wonderful flair for calligraphy and has sold many of her signs, she is just one of Barb's right arms, she has several you know...lucky girl!
This desk really surprised me as I walked into Bloom, with a huge nest of bittersweet on top of it, it looked like a grand old piece that had been neglected and the vines had taken over...what a beautiful piece, even with it's mirror missing. The unusual style makes it unique and very desirable, it won't be here long.

I had a brilliant idea of how to display my necklaces...I had this great old door with original faux-painted finish, it came out of an old home that I once owned, so I attached braces to the bottom and several old iron hooks to hang the necklaces on and 'voila' a super display...well it was until the jewelry started selling off the new piece. Even had one woman beg me to sell her the door...sorry, it still has sentimental meaning to me...so now I'm on the search for old doors to make for the store, she wanted it to display her old hats on...hmmmm....

SOCK MONKEYS...who doesn't love 'em, somethin' about them that just takes you back to your childhood, I don't think I had one as a child, but made many sock dolls, to be sure.

Now this is a birdcage...talk about retro and this lil' birdcage has it's own mini Christmas tree...very funky and all the parts are there too.


Barb and I usually have time to talk when I come up on Fridays, but not today...it was packed and she had a steady stream of shoppers all day and they weren't just buying gifts, they were buying for themselves, which was a good sign for us. This is going to be such an uncertain year for sure, we are all holding our breath to see how we make out with the economy as it is. But at least the gas price is low, for now anyway, $1.68 in our neck o' the woods.