Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Griffin Antiques and Art...Palo, Iowa...

If you enjoy 'folk art', you will love Palos' newest antique shop...Griffin's Antiques and Art. Dave Griffin is also executive director of the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy, which is a non-profit after school organization offering a wide variety of classes, such as dance, drama, art, writing and music.

Add his love of primitive folk art and you have a fun shop and studio, Dave fondly calls the shop 'his office'. Altered art made out of seemingly collected pieces of old junk, dot the newly refurbished Palo bank building, also where Dave will hold classes. This building is beautifully restored and is worth the trip to Palo.

David is also having an open house this Saturday, it's something I won't miss, how 'bout you guys...come to Palo!









12 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Oh man....

Lori R. said...

Great idea for an old bank! Classes for kids, great idea. Palo is turning into quite the artsy place...

Golden West said...

That's a nice collection of intersting stuff!

Roses and Lilacs said...

That would be an interesting place to visit. Love the way they used some old stuff and created a completely different piece of art.
Marnie

cconz said...

oh, folk art!! I love folk art. I'll be there!!!

donna baker said...

My absolute fav of all time - folk art.

willow said...

Lovely pieces...nicely displayed, too! I like.

Tilda said...

especially love the white 'bearded' carved man. looks like quite the place. i always love to see what people
'repurpose' into other things.
in fondest. Tilda

simplyiowa said...

Hey Girlie,
Dave has been a dear friend for many years, he has collected the most wonderful things, and I see Great Times ahead for Dave.
He is a wonderful person, and deserves the very best...
He is great company...
Barb C

trash talk said...

WOW!!! I am a fool for folk art and this is some of the best it has been my pleasure to see.
On a side note, got quite a kick from the post office piece...I worked at one just like it not that long ago in the past!
Debbie

Fine Estate said...

The store, all of the care, the owners selectivity, is nothing short of spectacular.

I love it, it's all done in a style so reminiscent of my own.

I wish them well, and I will definitely visit the web link...

Thanks

Martin

Greyscale Territory said...

Interesting collection of pieces! The creative ideas are astounding!