Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SWEET...

I was over at Sue's blog yesterday and she was having a time debating whether to paint or not to paint...well...here's my debate, though I'm not really concerned with this piece, 'cause it just speaks to me 'as is'...a little bit of Bri wax and I think I'll leave it alone, booboo and all. I just love the patina...

...as you can see the booboo is bad, from a drippy flower pot no doubt, but I'll play with it and see what I can come up with and post another pic later...but can't you see a setting focused on the cool red of this old frame and other red accessories...me too...

...lots of white frames n stuff goin' to Sisters'...

...however, this grand dame is staying with me...I love to collect vintage shots of grand old hags...this is a compliment...women of an age where knowledge is supreme...women who have survived and their knowing is taken to heart by the youngers...they hold the knowledge we all seek.

...and lastly I'll keep this photo of a happy couple and their dogs...however, the frame will be going...going...gone...have a wonderful day friends...

10 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon, I'll bet you see a lot of displaced photos. It just seems so sad.
They are really meaningless to anyone but family. That wonderful old couple with the dogs. Who could have been so careless as to throw it away? And the old dame, I'll bet members of her close or distant family would love to have that pix.

This mini rant is coming from a person who wishes she had more family photos but cousins were careless and they either lost or destroyed many family photos. Once gone, it is almost never possible to get them back into the hands of family.

Oh well, their families may have forgotten them but you can see the photos and wonder if they were as interesting in real life as they look in the pictures.
Marnie

T.Allen-Mercado said...

I love the photos. I collect vintage family photos. Sometimes, I just sit and stare and make up all sorts of fantastic tales about them in my head. Love the white frames, too!

summersundays-jw said...

I love Briwax too. It can make anything look good. Love the old photos too but especially groups. Love all the frames. Think I'll take all mine home & paint them white. Jan

Lori R. said...

love the old piece and you are always able to work your magic on projects so no worries.....

Chris Wolf said...

I think the Grand hag could be the scariest piano teacher in the history of the world. I think she's just waiting to use a ruler on an unsuspecting 7 year old! Yikes!

Wish on a Whisker said...

Hi Sharon ~ I put that wonderful pink dresser on layaway. Thanks for the tip! ~Mandy (I'm sure, somewhere deep down, my husband thanks you too!) *Smile*

Danielle said...

What amazing antique things! Good luck with your repairs. Thanks for your visit :)

donna baker said...

I often think about all the photos and stuff we find at antique shops and know that someday down the road, distant relatives will toss my things in a pile too.

Greyscale Territory said...

Old photos like this have so much charm! Definitely oozing magical stories! You certainly can work some amazing magic with these old pieces! I would have given up on the pot plant stain!

Don't know Briwax, but imagine it must be a very special restorer!

You are one incredible girl!

Golden West said...

A great idea to turn old dressers and sideboards into bathroom vanities - it's actually easier than one might think and the pieces are almost always sturdy enough to support a porcelain or brass sink.