Thursday, July 2, 2009

Transformers...

This lil' smoking stand has been stripped and no finish put back on it...and I like it just the way it is...no more transforming...SWEET!...and on it's way to Palo...

A beautiful focal piece to any one's home, this sweet server/buffet has the cutest lines to it and now it can be see at Sister's Garden, along with the other black set...

See...some may have loved the finish, but the end product is wonderful...as is, the piece would not work in most homes, the top was scared and in dire need of work, so decisions were made...

Cute, but rough, this pair of bedroom end tables can now be used as sofa tables or anything for extra storage...

TA DA...again the black has transformed rough finishes into pieces of designer furniture, brought back from mediocrity to style...going to Sisters'...

Sweet lil' farm chair, I love that the back of the chair has heart carvings in it...how cute is that...a McCoy cream pitcher, an old bird house, a neat old scale and of course, Mary...all heading to Palo this Saturday and yes, I will be open on the 4th...why not!!!

17 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Your transformations look great!

Might as well be open on Sat. Will Palo have a parade

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love the chair.

Except for the super shiny black lacquer ultra modern furniture I have never seen black furniture in homes, magazines or books. Interesting.
Marnie

Lori R. said...

Love 'um. You are the painting diva!. I like how you changed the knobs on the end tables. Have a wonderful 4th!

Chris Wolf said...

I've never heard of a smoker table - how does it work? The legs on that buffet have a swan-like impression to me...

willow said...

Oh, yeah, I'm lovin' the black! It really brings out the shape, and those lovely legs.

What do you do to the finish to give it that slightly worn look, and not the solid heavy paint effect? It's wonderful.

simplyiowa said...

Hey Kiddo,
You do such lovely work... Don't know where you find the time... My life just seems to be in a whirlwind... And I'm getting pretty tired...
'til next time,
Barb C.

Utah Grammie said...

Oh I adore the black! And the rough edges are PERFECT!

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

OOOOH love your way with black paint...check your mailbox, oh nutty one...ox lulu

cconz said...

i saw your big black buffet at sisters and i was wowed. The way you finish it off with the worn edges, makes it.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Nice work!It's wonderful that you are recycling old furniture into such great treasures!

Chris said...

Yeah, you would have loved that piece we saw last weekend.

M.Kate said...

Hey, you got me there....when I read the heading in my blog..I thought you were talking about the MOVIE hehe :P but these are great transformation anyway :P Happy weekend Sharon!

The Feathered Nest said...

What is it about that wonderful black paint?!!! I used to paint things black alot when I had the store ~ seems to class up an item so much...and make it much easier to work into a room! These are all gorgeous Sharon ~ xxoo, Dawn

summersundays-jw said...

What a difference a little paint makes. I love the black. Jan

common ground said...

Even though I really gravitate to the white chippy things, I have a ton of black pieces. I think they are much easier to mix with wood finishes.
Jan told me how great the goodies are up there in Iowa, would love to come up. Have a great weekend!
Debra

glimpse of my world said...

Found your blog from another blog .. and you had stated you loved Magnolia Pearl style.. so I had to pop over and check your blog. I had the richest blessing of meeting Robin in her home in April. She is truly amazing! Love all the furniture pieces you have re-done. Stop by and see me. Smiles from Texas!

The Green Pea said...

The transformations are wonderful, I love the night tables. The black is so elegant, I like your pieces. Sandi