Monday, July 13, 2009

Of virtual friends...

I have just received the most incredible award from one of the most wonderful people I have never met...yet I feel as if I've known all my life, Gemma of Greyscale Territory.

Gemma and I met online somehow a year or so ago, as we all do in this wonderful blogosphere, but a connection was made that has grown through the days, as we write back and forth across the sea, worlds apart. She's an English teacher from the land down under, Australia and she writes poetry and prose of the land she loves, the Dromana Shores in her Mornington Peninsula.

We walk the sea and talk of the sky and our love of the land and the simple things in life...she is the one who encouraged me to put my words into prose and share with the world the romance and love of an ordinary woman's day in the life.

This award, given by Bonnie Bonsai of Sydney, Australia:Quadrat in Focus, is the Bella Sinclair Award for Art and Inspiration. Such a heartfelt gift is to be given to others with merits you also admire, but without giving it back to my dearest friend Gemma and so many other deserving bloggers, I wish to pass this award on to another dear sister, Robin of One Still Frame.

The daughter of a friend that I met during my website days, she's an artist, a photographer, a loving daughter and mother and wife and has become a most treasured friend, again, whom I've never met, but we share a bond with the love of the land and a true friendship among the sisterhood. We share a cup of coffee daily and are inspired by each others words.

This is for you Robin...thanks for being just you...say hello to Mom...

Thanks Gemma, sweet sister of my soul...