Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Remember...

Remember my lil' shadow shot picture of my fledgling corn patch...

Well...this is what it looked like after the straight-line winds went through before a nasty thunderstorm a few weeks back...

Well, since my cup is always half full, I diligently went out and stood each stalk back up...now mind you, if this was 300 acres, that wouldn't have happened...but I have never grown corn before. The 'X' always said it takes up too much room...especially when all of his friends and relatives raised sweetcorn that we can go pick anytime...I see his point, BUT...

My patch is more of an ornamental thing, kinda a privacy fence to curb the drone of the 4-lane in my back yard and give me the privacy that I crave until the money comes in to continue building my privacy fence.

But...if I should get a few ears of sweet Iowa corn, I'll be happy as a lark...plus this is the area that was trenched for the septic system, so it will have to be prepped anyway...so hopefully the storms will stay at bay for a while anyway. It's something we are getting used to in the heartland, the ever increasing storms of extreme destruction.

Global warming perhaps....