Friday, July 17, 2009

Yard gone wild...

A butternut squash rambles through the mint untethered by nets and fence...

Ol'timey garden varieties never let me down...just look American don't they...

...gateway to the chateau, a welcoming mix of wild and tame...sorta...

What's left of my garden after the drain field was laid, we'll deal with those issues next year, now that I know what's stayed with me...

...the owl and the pony guard the entry in wildlife fashion, can you imagine a field full of Queen Anne's Lace...me too...next year perhaps...but for now she lines my drive welcoming a traveler 'long side a country lane...

Finally...my Turk's cap lilies have started to bloom, they are at least 6 feet tall...what grand nectar for the hummers...

...even if I don't see a kernel of corn out of my wee patch, tis fine with me...the sweet scent of corn tassels wafts through the air and provides a natural, Iowa born fence to keep out the meanies...I will be pleased...it is a simple thing...