Monday, January 26, 2009

Cabin Fever can be fun...

I love the portrait of a little girl with the hen and chicks...so very Iowa, two wonderful matching chairs and a bridge lamp to die for, with original shade to boot...you know me and lamps...
Also a pair of matching desk lamps that were just too cute to pass up and a sweet lil' ironstone pitcher. Most like the plain white, but I have a thang for the ones with delicate faded flowers, being the Nature lover I am...

Never pass up a frame with a battered patina...or a baby doll head with no eyes...he'll be part of a special project in later posts, but the pitcher, even with chipped spout, will hold a bouquet just perfectly and the big ironstone vessel, missing it's lid, but making a grand statement with it's pale blue flowers, just needed a home(with me). The Flow Blue covered dish is terribly stained on it's bottom, but the top is perfect...too bad the top isn't stained as well, then it would be perfectly 'grunged'! Also, a sweet set, a cup and a little vase with turn of the century charm and of course bearing the flowers I love so much. An item I don't find much, a set of 6 silver Deco knife rests...way cool...and wonderful oval frame.

One of the advantages of cabin fever is the remote chance that one gets to escape the dilemma if one is quick in between snowfalls. First you turn on the Weather Channel, then you load up the heathen, fire up the steed...and point 'er in the right direction!
Although I'd rather be antiquing with the gals down in Texas doing all the open houses in warmer weather...but alas...Iowa needs me here...right?!
I'd like to tell ya where I went...but then I'd have ta kill ya...right Barb!

13 comments:

Paz said...

What fun stuff you have in your place. I love the little girl painting.

Paz

High Desert Diva said...

What a haul!

Yeah...never give away your secret treasure spots!

willow said...

Cabin fever looks fun in your cabin!

summersundays-jw said...

I think I'll have cabin fever at my sisters (& not the shop "Sisters") although that might be kind of fun. We may get an ice storm so don't want to be alone. Looking forward to spring & garage sales & whatever is my new normal. Have a good week. Jan

sarayutouched said...

Well if that's the cure for cabin fever...sign me up!!! Love the lamps the mostest!!!

Robin

Roses and Lilacs said...

Do you ever daydream about the people who owned these things? I do. I think about the piece and who used it and what for. I saw the cutest little table with funny drawers on all four sides. Someone had recently spray painted it glossy black. I wondered what it had originally been used for and why anyone would take a can of black paint to it;)
Marnie

trash talk said...

But when and if I get to Iowa, you'll take me right? It's drizzly here so I have no excuse not to work on our taxes. Can I just say UGH!!! May come back and window shop in a little while just to get away from it. Tn'T

Linda Sue said...

Oh you can tell ME...I live a million miles away... You are in stuff paradise there!

Lisa B. said...

Wow! Lots of great finds! My eye went right to the picture of the girl with the hens and chicks too...love it!
Yes...I'd say Iowa needs you:)

Dianne said...

amazing collection

love the doll head in the pitcher

Backyard Candle Co. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have been to your store when it was in your adorable pink house! Now you live there right? Its such a great house filled with character..you lucky girl! Do you make the soaps for Barb? I LOVE them and stock up each time Im there! Love your site and will return often!

cconz said...

lots of goodies sharon, bill and i are going to have to get down to your secret place. You probabely bought all the good stuff.

time-worn interiors said...

I know where you went, but my lips are sealed!!
TOT