Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have a dream...

The shop of my dreams...well sorta...those that know me well, know that my far-fetched ideals are simple and ol'-timey. I see beauty in rust...now what does that tell ya...
This thing they call retirement is so far away from my eye, that fulfilling my dreams is an every day occurrence. My dream is to build a shop/shed/garage near my lil' pink shack...er Chateau this summer. Since I have started my dog grooming biz(Doggy Style)up again, I'm home every day but the day I deliver to Sister's Garden...so why not have a shop filled with soaps and some candles.


A shop bearing my sign Sweet Repose...I have vowed never to do a shop again in the city, unfortunate as it is, because there are so many wonderful buildings down there, but the city continues to neglect parking issues.


But the shed will hold soaps that are destined for Sisters', but will need storage until the time of delivery...right...

It will also hold the furniture destined for Sisters' and The Candle Shed (daughter's shop).






But, in the winter months, the 'shed' will also house my faithful steed, as we all know the tales of living in the Nor'lunds, where no one is to be seen January, February and March...then will be the Spring of yard sales, where my little sign will beckon a weary traveler to explore...

I have a dream...would y'all stop by...come on...I'll show ya the way...follow me...

19 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Sorta...

I hope your little shed gets built! I bet you could find all sorts of salvaged wood and tin for the walls and roof...I can just picture it!

M.Kate said...

I hope all your dreams come true...my retirement plans are more of lazing around, but I do wish I could come visit when your shed is up :D

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Love this post Sharon. I'd love to stop by and see you! Good luck with the shop.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Wouldn't be difficult or expensive to do a summer shed. Insulation and heat would be costly. Too bad you don't have a garage.

I love the photo of the woman with the horse. You know she was some proud of that horse. Photos were for special things.
Marnie

paisley said...

do you know i have never been to a shop like that here in CA??? never... and you would think they would be in abundance.. there are old families and old cemetaries,,, but all the old stuff.... evidently ended up in the dump.....


we have a tiny thrift store and in this cute little tourist town about 25 art galleries,, but no little antique or "junk" style shops......


i wanna stop by... really i do.....

willow said...

What an exciting idea! Go for it! Of course it must all be carefully documented for us to see.

Wish on a Whisker said...

Sounds great! I hope it all comes together for you! ~Mandy

Lola Enchanted said...

{Sigh} How I wish I could go!!!!

cconz said...

Sharon, if that's the dream, "IT WILL HAPPEN". It's doable. Do what you love and good things come your way.

summersundays-jw said...

My sisters & I will show up for sure. We're looking forward to spring too & some road trips. It's been a rough winter! Thanks for your nice note. I'm so sorry about your daughter's husband but if she's like her momma, she'll be ok. We women are tougher then we're given credit for. Good luck! Jan

vikki said...

i will dream along side ya! hand me the hammer & i will help... build it & they will come. dreams turn into reality... keep the dreams m'friend. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Jeanne said...

Best of luck -- you've got me thinking about vacations, and how fun it would be to stop by on the way to...somewhere! anywhere!

sarayutouched said...

I would most certainly stop by...in fact, you'd get sick of seeing me!!!

THE NOTION OF LOOKING ON AT LIFE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HATEFUL TO ME. WHAT AM I IF I AM NOT A PARTICIPANT? IN ORDER TO BE, I MUST PARTICIPATE.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I look forward to seeing that shop!!

trash talk said...

I think that is a wonderful idea. And just think a place to house visitors from Texas if they ever find their way to your neck of the woods like they keep dreaming of doing!!! Course, you gotta pretty sweet setup now Girl. Tn'T

Sisters' Garden and Bloom said...

you are the bomb....right back at ya...We couldn't do it without all of your help....so great...and yes ..that song..you just gotta listen to all the words...
Life is good....barb@sisters

Anita said...

Oh, that sounds like a good idea Sharon. Love it! Do it.

Anita

time-worn interiors said...

Can I look in your shed? Hope so!
TOT

Rosebud Collection said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog..fun things to look at..it seems this winter I have been sloppy visiting blogs..

white o'morn cottage said...

That's a great dream. No stopping you I'm thinking. I'll add my good wishes towards it. Best wishes...Pam