Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In Beauty I Walk...In Beauty I Walk...In Beauty I Walk






This morning I visited a new blog from a comment I received from Deb...The Junkin' Yaya. Her post described words from her elders, a poem from the Native American elders that has always struck a cord with me too. A connection that runs deep into my psyche and I'm sure many of yours.

All we have to do is walk a mile and feel the beauty that surrounds us, it runs deep for many of us...a cord struck into our very beginning as five-fingered humans...we are all the same, if we could only see...how far this humanity has led us and what we can do to make it right.

I can just see a Grandfather wrapped in robes of buffalo, the Tatanka, giver of life, singing to the Father and the Mother...if we could all only see his vision and be the change.

In Beauty I walk

With beauty before me, I walk.
With beauty behind me, I walk.
With beauty above me, I walk.

With beauty all around me, I walk.
It has become beauty again,
It has become beauty again,
It has become beauty again,
It has become beauty again.

14 comments:

willow said...

I'm feeling my Native American DNA tingle!

High Desert Diva said...

Love this post!

larkspur said...

When I opened your blog this morning and saw your photos, they immediately brought to mind Bobbie McKibben's awesome IA landscape chalk drawings! These photos of yours are really quite beautiful. I love Iowa landscape :}

Wildeve said...

Thanks for the reminder of this beautiful poem, and the gorgeous photographs, and the music...visiting your blog is like walking into the home of a healer.

trash talk said...

I know the winter is a difficult season for y'all, but your photos make it so beautiful. Love the poem. The Yaya is cool, isn't she? Tn'T

white o'morn cottage said...

Great poem. Gave me a real lift.Thanks...Pam

Roses and Lilacs said...

It must have been very hard for Native Americans to hold that thought of beauty in the dead of winter. Frost bite and hunger would have been constant companions. Maybe that deep feeling the beauty is what kept them going thru the hard time.

Thank you Larkspur for mentioning Bobbie McKibbin. I looked up her work and loved it. Wish I could afford her Field of Queen Ann Lace painting.
Marnie

Jeanne said...

Looking at the pictures you've posted of your surroundings, I would say that "In in beauty you walk" is literally true for you.

Thanks for sharing this.

Lisa B. said...

A great mantra for my own morning walks! Thanks:)

M.Kate said...

Good reminder..and what can i say...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The Junkin' Yaya said...

Hugs my yaya sista!
The pics are beautiful and I love the music! As one that was raised by my grandfather (who was the Beloved Head Man of our tribe)...when I am in doubt, I always turn to the ways of my ancestors. In fact, my grandmother on my dad's side is still living on the reserve in Canada along with a lot of family. (But I can only belong to one tribe...the govt. won't allow me to belong to 2 Nations). Some day we will sit down and I will tell you about my life with my Elders! :) (And yes, I am a Federal registered Native American...not that that should matter, but to some it does.)

May you always continue to walk in beauty! xo...deb

Greyscale Territory said...

In beauty we walk...In beauty we walk...In beauty we walk...

How I love walking...Usually it all begins nowhere in particular and then becomes somewhere very special...

Love your poem very much...And the background of your photos sets a very special unique winter beauty...

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

藍心湄Blue said...

cool!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色