Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In Beauty I Walk...In Beauty I Walk...In Beauty I Walk






This morning I visited a new blog from a comment I received from Deb...The Junkin' Yaya. Her post described words from her elders, a poem from the Native American elders that has always struck a cord with me too. A connection that runs deep into my psyche and I'm sure many of yours.

All we have to do is walk a mile and feel the beauty that surrounds us, it runs deep for many of us...a cord struck into our very beginning as five-fingered humans...we are all the same, if we could only see...how far this humanity has led us and what we can do to make it right.

I can just see a Grandfather wrapped in robes of buffalo, the Tatanka, giver of life, singing to the Father and the Mother...if we could all only see his vision and be the change.

In Beauty I walk

With beauty before me, I walk.
With beauty behind me, I walk.
With beauty above me, I walk.

With beauty all around me, I walk.
It has become beauty again,
It has become beauty again,
It has become beauty again,
It has become beauty again.