Monday, January 19, 2009

New day a comin'...AND a new blog for Sisters'


As we all anxiously await the inauguration of our new president, today we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day...we all have a dream. I don't know why, can't put my finger on it, but I just feel it...I feel that this new administration will be a change in the world, not just a change in the United States. I feel that the time of corporate thugs and investment thieves is at an end.


A new era in the humanity of man, where one looks after and respects the other...oh sure, it's far-fetched and will take years to accomplish, if ever...but if we all have that dream and one person at a time gives over to the good...maybe one honest man can make a difference, a man of color, who knows the indifferences life can wield, maybe we have a chance.


With an intelligent woman at his side, I believe the words of Coretta Scott King will be heard...we have a dream!!! The woman of the world are a powerful force, we just need to get on with spreading the power...and the good!

But on a lighter note, I want to tell you some news of three other women of power...Barb, Deb
and Elaine...the gals that are running Sister's Garden. The girls finally have the new blog up and running. You will want to check it out frequently, cause many new items are coming in for the pending spring season...so you won't want to miss out on the treasures.
Plus, a website is also being worked on to offer you online retail, especially for you guys in the frozen tundras of the Nor'lands that can't get out to shop, but too for you unfortunates who live so far away...you know who you are...
So be keeping up with the posts for all the latest arrivals and I will still be offering up my insights to the new inventory too...so talk about a double whammy!
You can't stop us now...WE ARE WOMAN...HEAR US ROAR...maybe in our lifetimes we can banish the words spoken by man..."now where do you think you're gonna put that"...Ha...we scoff...step aside Pilgrim...

13 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

I feel it! Change!

Lily Hydrangea said...

I feel it too! It feels like a Hope, a feeling I didn't even know I was missing until I suddenly felt it again & it feels grand.

trash talk said...

We can bring home the bacon-fry it up in a pan!!! Yes, a change is definetly in the air and about time. Tn'T

Jackie said...

Wonderful quote by CSK. Yes, perfect. I too feel a sense of HOPE, or maybe I should whisper it, (...hope...) You of all people are an Irish gypsie, when in Ireland I heard them called "Tinkers," as in "I don't give a tinkers damn!" I suppose because the worries of the settled world did not bother them. They had bigger things on their minds, living with nature, traveling, dreaming, feeling, being what was in their hearts...that sort of thing. J-

Roses and Lilacs said...

It seems like I'm always negative. Doesn't anyone else think it just wrong to be throwing this huge party paid for by me and you who really can't afford parties right now. Our new president slipped a lot on my meter over this party thing.

I visited the blog you posted about. Fun stuff, I enjoyed looking.
Marnie

Sweet Repose said...

So true Marnie, but I look at it as a party for the American people to be able to make a showing that we want change and we deserve change, we've been pillaged enough by our government. I know of quite a few going to celebrate and they are excited about witnessing history...we don't have much left but hope...I HOPE he doesn't let us down.

This internet world has made all of us so much more aware of what is happening in the world, news travels at the speed of light these days...we ain't as stupid as we use't be...just give us one honest man in the whole rotten bunch...he, like us have a long row to hoe, as we say in farm country!

sharon

willow said...

Change is in the air!

I love Sisters' new site. Thanks for the link.

Jeanne said...

I'm so excited. We're going to record the ceremony tomorrow, so I can watch it uninterrupted when I get home from work.

Smilingsal said...

I pray for our outgoing president and I will pray for our incoming president. I hope that change will be toward the Good.

nonizamboni said...

Yes we can! I'm feeling so encouraged. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and that great old photo.

larkspur said...

Sharon...the blog for Sister's Garden and Bloom looks great. Hat's off to you.
Yes, there is a new day coming. I think you nailed it when you said, "one honest man can make a difference...one who knows the indifferences life can wield." W never lived any life but one of privilege.

Greyscale Territory said...

Serious and hilarious post! What a mix of emotions! Love this brew!

M.Kate said...

I am confident there will be change and congrats on the new blog.