Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Power of Love to Transform and Heal

The power of love in the family and the world, has made many changes, seen and unseen...and one family has touched my heart...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4769850

I would love for you all to click on this site and read and contemplate...what if, what if we all could have such generous souls, what would this wonderful world be with the power of LOVE!

I had the pleasure this year of meeting the most wonderful gal, Jackie Lantry. She purchased my beloved school bell for her little shop in Massachusetts. But when Jackie emailed me to tell me she started a blog, I dashed right over to check 'er out. What a darling little shop she has and the bell is perfect for the quaint lil' shop Five Acre Farm.

But, I was soon to learn much about this woman through an essay she wrote, as she referred me to Googling her name. Her essay, The Power of Love to Transform and to Heal, truly a gift for todays post in this New Year.

After reading it, take a moment to reflect...if one woman can make such a difference in the lives of the few, think what we can do enmass.

Please read Jackie's essay, I promise you'll be changed, but please grab a hanky...or a box in my case...cause the power of love will surely effect you too.

But Jackie, thank you so much for the love given these wonderful children and all of the world... you and your husband are truly blessed!

PEACE

13 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful story -- thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Lisa B. said...

Thanks for the links. It's good to know people like Jackie.

Greyscale Territory said...

I took your advice and followed the essay link and the Five Acre farm link. The story is so beautiful and her little antique shop is a delight!

Thank you so much for the connection!

Christie said...

Happy New Year! I think this will ge a great one! Health, happiness and prosperity.

Christine said...

Thank you for the link to the NPR story - it is beautiful.

trash talk said...

Sharon, you were one of the women I was talking about who set the bar high for the rest of us. How wonderful to share this story and lift this lady up. It was a wonderful essay and a wonderful way to think about beginning the new year. Thank you so much!!! You are a charter member for sure and I may even nominate you for president or maybe Keeper of the Faith. Tn'T

Moonlight Hollow Musings said...

We think we hav given so much...and then we read this article....and we realize how much more we have to give! Thanks for making us think! That is so important!

Malisa

willow said...

It is amazing the impact one person can have. Thanks for the links.

Utah Grammie said...

Beautiful. Truthful. Wonderful. Thank you. Thank her. Thank God.

deb did it said...

Lucky me to have found you. I love your blog, photos and stories! PEACE back at ya Sista!

High Desert Diva said...

Somehow I missed this wonderful post the other day.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Tea Time With Melody said...

That was a great story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful story..You know, my brother was adopted and his mother was from the USA..My uncle was her doctor and she didn't want him..My uncle/wife took him home from the hospital, she just had a baby and was going to raise him with her son..Mom/Dad were called..Mom took him out of the carriage and said, "I just gave birth to a son"..the rest is history...