Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Let's make soap shall we...

The pee-trail...a must for a short dog in a big snow...




Hey, Lisa...your soaps are ready to ship, I think I'll have the mail pick-up at home...

This is gonna be one of those days...we got 6 inches of the pearly white frosting overnight and expected to get another inch or so today...pause...well, I'll be making soap all day today in celebration of Spring...right...that will be here in three months or so...we plan ahead you know here in the Nor'lunds. As soon as January hits, the daylight starts getting ever so longer and we all start the countdown to you know what...even though Winter just officially arrived such a short time ago...


Who cares about that...the countdown is on...so, today, I will also be taking cancellations for groomings too...always happens this way. Especially with me being 2 miles out in the country, it might as well be twenty miles down a dirt road...ain't gonna be anyone out.


Sounds like a good day to make them Lily of the Valley candles too and maybe some Lilac Blossom. These are always best sellers as they herald in the Spring...whatever...I just shoveled a pee-trail for Scratchy and it already has an inch of snow back on it, so the driveway shoveling will be at a standstill until it officially stops, sometime mid-morning.


This is what I love about having a shop out of my home...I make all here, then all I have to do is deliver(if I can) and a bonus...my house smell great all the time...another bonus...I can work in my jammies!
So all in all...I know my daughter's shop, the Candle Shed will be closed today because the streets will be impassable in our downtown...and I just have to trust in the universe that each day will come as it may and I will be able to sustain myself, as this is the first time in my life that I have no shop to go to...kinda scary, but an adventure for this intrepid scout...I'll have to ask my Native American friend Deb if she can conjure up a special name for me, even though I only have a speck of Native blood in my veins...my heart is with my Native Brothers and Sisters and of course our sacred Mother...
Back to work...

14 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

LOL, my border collie will not venture off the paths I shovel for myself. I have to be very, very careful where I walk;)

Right now, we are getting the snow you got last night. Tomorrow's high temperature -5 and a chilly low of -20. I keep asking myself, what were my ancestors thinking when they settled here?
Marnie

High Desert Diva said...

Happily, we're having a break from the white stuff.

I love that you can work from home, in your jammies. Isn't that the best?

My friend Trina has a lavender farm and makes and sells candles and soap. Her house always smells divine, too.

ajunkqueen said...

I always thought I would like to make soap, love fancy soaps, seems like a simple luxury, as well as good sheets on a bed, even Zoobies cover has a high thread count. he would not like that snow..like his mama.
renee

trash talk said...

I just watched the weather report for your neck of the woods. BRRR!!!
Is it always that cold and snowy there? I guess it's like the heat and humidity here in the summer-it's all in what you get used to. You are so lucky to be able to do all that in pj's. I have no excuse for staying in mine all day. Tn'T

Wish on a Whisker said...

The pee-trail is so sweet! Made me smile. ~Mandy

willow said...

Working in jammies is the best! We are getting an inch of snow an hour today. Must be the same front that hit you. I am loving it, though. ;^)

cconz said...

I've got the pee trail too!! Otherwise the go on the porch. Even in this freezing weather peanut still finds the frozen cat shit. A real treat (i guess). I bought a pair of fleece jammies. WOW!!! Are they wonderful!!Get some.

Greyscale Territory said...

O wow this seems weird! All this talk of the big freeze while we wonder each day which part of the day will be summery and when will the wintry breeze start blowing and then stop! Maybe throw in a bit of drizzly rain for some variation! (As is happening right now!)

I don't think I have ever experienced such a contrary summer!

The Muse said...

im laughing wildly...as i have just now come from shoveling snow for our min pin MAX ! LOL

i have never made soap...but have always honored those who do.

The Junkin' Yaya said...

Sounds good to me to be snowed in and to "create"...okay, you know me...I'm kidding! :) Ya'll can keep all that beautiful white stuff up there!....We are cold here though, it actually got down in the 30's last night here in Houston! BRRRRR....but a beautiful day today.

Hummm....a name???? One never knows where those spirits will lead ya to. :)

xo...deb

fengyebingxueer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CatHerder said...

Yeah, i shovel paths for the strays lol. Youre lucky to work from home...I am trying to resurrect my jewelry business with a couple of "new lines" including vintage...but I am hitting a brick wall finding consignment shops right now...i cant open my home as a store where we are, and the craft shows have been HORRIBLE this season, everyone looks and says how nice, but doesnt want to spend the money :-(.... i fear i may have to go out and find a real job lol.

Anita said...

Oh, I can just about smell how good that will be. I made a similar leap myself this year. I hope it works out.

Even though it is sooo cold, I just love all the snow- and I think it is God telling us - HEY- RELAX NOW. Snuggle in. Drink coca. Play board games. Wear your pjs.

Now, if I wouldn't have had class at UNI today, I would have done that....

vikki said...

i can smell the soaps over here! gotta save me some! need to make a soap run, soon. love the trail, lil' otis gits buried in this feathery snow... he bounces & it bounces with him! gotta make a trail for him, too... too funnie. they have to hurry, the feet freeze up soo fast. then in the jammies have to run & git 'em! that is no fun for either of us. keep warm. hugs & blessings, vikki♥