Friday, January 9, 2009

What's this...a hint of Spring...





I went to Sisters' yesterday to work on her nearly up and coming website...and as I wondered for a treasure that must grace my collections, I noticed bits of Spring peeking in here and there amongst the trove of goodies one MUST have.

Little bird nests crowning chairs and tables...always the first to harbor in the season we all anxiously await. Although we aren't really deluding ourselves, we know it's far off on the horizon. Ol' Man Winter has barely graced our door this winter, but his many tricks are there for the taking...I'll have NONE please. Just move on North old man and let's get this Spring thing a movin'...


January is kinda the month to regroup after the holidays...to refresh the senses and make the plans for the coming seasons...and Valentines Day will soon be upon us...so guys, start thinking now about what your Lord and Master would love...to show your appreciation for her and what she means to you.
New floral candle scents will soon be arriving, along with the many soap scents you long for in the winter months...the sweet scents of lilacs and lily of the valley and many more. I'm on the hunt for new floral fragrances too...so you never know what us spring-loving sprites will conjure up for you, our favorite people...I guess you'll just have to come and see...la la la...

14 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Spring? Spring!

Delusions work for me.

I like the new header, btw.

summersundays-jw said...

I'm ready too! I did see something green poking it's head up in my flower garden. Today it's to be in the 60's then tomorrow starts a really cold snap. How's a daffodil to know!!! Have a good weekend. Jan

trash talk said...

Ssshh! Winter may hear you. My poor rosebushes are so confused. They keep putting out new shoots during the 60+ days only to have them freeze the next day. Debbie

Jacque said...

Each day seems to be buzzing by so quickly, it will be Spring before we know it, very few things in this world we can depend on, but the seasons always seem to come just when we need them! I love the cold white chair with the soft warm nest, Beautiful!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hey Sharon, Those bird nests are so cute. The stuff in the second photo looks yummy, soap, bath oil, fragrance...?
Marnie

Anita said...

I like living in Iowa. It is a good secret. And I have lived in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Paris, France. Always thought I'd live somewhere else, busier, more sophisticated. But I found you can take the girl out of Iowa, but not Iowa out of the girl. And who wants to commute for hours everyday? Yuck, not me! Great to visit other places, but I'll happily come home here. Just don't have the rest of the country moving here. We like the sparse population....

vikki said...

a welcome look at a hint...of spring! love the nests. now we got snow agin, & more on the way? rather have it now than later when i wanna see my flowers. a website, huh? lemme know. check out my blog, recognize the lil' "o" bed? it was the white one with green paint underneath that i bought from ya! can not keep it white for the lil' guy... later m'friend. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Lisa B. said...

Ahhh Spring...such pretty signs:)

time-worn interiors said...

I can't hardly wait until spring! That means it will be time for Marburger Farms!
Theresa

Jeanne said...

Once we get past the solstice, and the days start growing longer again, I always feel like we're on the downhill side of winter.

It just happens to be a little longer than the uphill side.

JB Knacker said...

I can't believe I am saying this, but I think I'm ready for Spring?! Looking at Sisters sure helps! I'm starting to wonder if being open just on Saturdays was such a great idea...slippery and dicey outside these first 2 Saturdays of the month!! Yikes! Just let me know when your soap stuff arrives and I will put my order in. And Country Home closing...very sad. My friend had just been asked to blog for them and was so excited and then this. And the poor employees were pretty devastated w/ the loss of their jobs as well. We gotta be tough in these down times and hopefully we'll come through it all stronger! Take care, Brenda

The Junkin' Yaya said...

Looks very inviting! :) also wanted to let you know that my blog address has changed, so if you get a chance stop by and say "hey"...xo...deb

http://thejunkinyaya.blogspot.com

Wildeve said...

I have never been to Iowa, but it seems like a beautiful place! A sparse population sounds heavenly.
I think I am in love with the turquoise piece hanging on the wall at Sisters- above and between the two lamps... can't tell what it is exactly, but it sure is purty...

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Spring? It just started winter, right? :) time goes by so quickly that it will be, before we know it.
Love this post, I'll take one of each, please.
xo Lidy