Friday, January 23, 2009

Let's Nest, shall we...Sister's Garden


Fresh woodland scents offer a hint of Spring to come, as we all are still nestled into our favorite easy chairs, anxiously awaiting the first hints...spring...
Warm golden hues heat our weary hearts, as we walk the path of Winter, knowing that in just a very short time, the thaw will begin...

Bright thoughts of Summer and porches fill our imagination with new ideas to refresh our space...


Summer...as we look for thinks to harbor our plants...simple things that make the heart remember the memories from back in the day...

Bright white furniture to carry the light of summer into our souls and pink sundries to scent the airs and freshen the cold of the season past...


We nest...we imagine...what would please me in this season of blooms, fresh paint perhaps...a new cupboard to transport our china and ironstone into that new realm of French country calm...


White columns and reflections to pull in the past and reflect the sun...

Tropical dreams fill our frozen thoughts as we await the warmth of the season to come...






Head on over to Sister's blog, she's posted new arrivals too...neat stuff...

15 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Why is Iowa so far away?

Lola Enchanted said...

Oh my, you've got my imagination soaring!!!!! I can smell the woodland candles from here!!!!!



Enjoy your weekend!

trash talk said...

I'm getting spring fever, big time!!! Love the chandi on the bird cage stand-Clever. Debbie

Roses and Lilacs said...

Good morning Sharon. Wonderful stuff. Love the piece with the glass door. I do so wish I lived closer!

Just looked at a book on amazon about re-purposing 'stuff'. They mentioned using a birdcage as a desktop organizer. I wish they would have shown a photo. How would you do that?
Marnie

willow said...

I love birdcages. And your new header, too!!

Jackie said...

Marni, I saw that done in an issue of counry living mag. If you google (in images) "bird cage desktop organizer" I bet you'll find it. I know it's out there. Jackie

Jackie said...

I make a solemn vow to somehow, someday get to the lost continent of Iowa...Love the birdcage (round) bird stand (with bird) and the green and white shabby cupboard with shelves. btw, I just image googled the birdcage desk organizer and several pics popped up! Jackie

sarayutouched said...

I am a sucker for the picture with the light green medicine cabinet and the white mirror above it...be still my heart Sharon!!!!

Sandra Ree said...

Hi Sharon. Thank you for your sweet words. :) I love the bird cages and your new header also!

time-worn interiors said...

Girl I have spring fever bad!

We were watching the news tonight and the weather man said it was 14 degrees in your neck of the woods and that we are getting some of that artic weather from you guys!! Thanks a lot!! It was 58 degrees here today, but it will 29 degrees tomorrow! This weather is just crazy!
Love ya
Sis

Jeanne said...

Very cool!

Mr. Torrence Horton said...

Daydream Sweet Repose:

I want to run into you at an antique shop during Christmas when everyone is waiting in line to be seated at some adjoined, overpriced restaurant. I lift an old book from the shelf and inhale it. That smell on a winter's day is a gift. Some all gray cat in the corner ignores me. I know you see me. Thanks

TH (SG)

misselaineous said...

Rusty...& Chippy...& Ready for Spring! Looks like an awesome place to do some shopping!! Question...on your snowy bicycle header...how come that looks so creative and artistic, while my old rusty bike looks like Junk with a capital J!!! Is the snow a requirement?? :o} *elaine*

Rosebud Collection said...

I enjoy looking at all the stuff and seeing what is there..A fun place.

Shab-n-Chic said...

I just love seeing the store pictures on your blog. That hutch with the back removed is something I would have never imagined looking SO good! It lets the light right in, doesn't it?