Thursday, January 8, 2009

Earth Mother...


Baby it's cold outside...2 degrees maybe, so I guess I'll just stay inside and make some jewels. 'Bout froze just taking this photo outside on the porch like a crazy person, but one does what one must...
I love this piece, with it's fire-polished glass beads. They have become my faves to work with, because of all of the elements of Nature they glitter. The Earth blues, the mauve's and the greens...all colors of my rainbow on this beautiful planet.
The brass charm, aged to perfection, shows the Earth mother contemplating her work and an aged brass feather honors a creature she shares the winds with. Also recycled, olive green sea glass from Africa, harbors the green of the Earth in each little globe.
I have attached hemp string to that end of the piece so you can size if you like. I prefer something organic touching my neck rather than cold stones and wire...but to each his own.
This piece will be at Sister's Garden today, so email if you are interested...I'm just a click away...
Peace!