Thursday, January 8, 2009

Earth Mother...


Baby it's cold outside...2 degrees maybe, so I guess I'll just stay inside and make some jewels. 'Bout froze just taking this photo outside on the porch like a crazy person, but one does what one must...
I love this piece, with it's fire-polished glass beads. They have become my faves to work with, because of all of the elements of Nature they glitter. The Earth blues, the mauve's and the greens...all colors of my rainbow on this beautiful planet.
The brass charm, aged to perfection, shows the Earth mother contemplating her work and an aged brass feather honors a creature she shares the winds with. Also recycled, olive green sea glass from Africa, harbors the green of the Earth in each little globe.
I have attached hemp string to that end of the piece so you can size if you like. I prefer something organic touching my neck rather than cold stones and wire...but to each his own.
This piece will be at Sister's Garden today, so email if you are interested...I'm just a click away...
Peace!

12 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Gorgeous!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon, I like this one. The color of the beads, the graceful feather and the medallion.

Your weather is coming our way. I wish it was the weekend. I'd loved to be huddled under a quilt with a good book right now.
Marnie

MuseSwings said...

Tis beautiful! By all means, stay inside and make beautiful things while winter has his way with the outside.

cconz said...

beautiful sharon, i'm with you. lets all stay in bed today. the sun is out, at least.I'm off to the pool!!!

Wildeve said...

Fiazesh! That was the wv for this comment. I think it describes a very beautiful necklace inspired by the fire inside its creator. Ever since willow's post about wv's I'm looking them in a whole new way.

Shab-n-Chic said...

Love your creative ways..would you still love me if I told you it was sunny and 60 degrees out as I write this? I didn't think so.
:)

time-worn interiors said...

I love all your necklaces! The next time I come up I'm going to have to buy me one! Which I wish was tomorrow! Is you toilet seat cold?
Love~ya~Sis

M.Kate said...

Very nice...and that weather..yikes, I am not going anywhere near there.

Jeanne said...

It's weird, but whenever I bring up your blog, I swear there's this spicy, incense-y smell that pervades my computer room -- so I get the visual, the auditory and now the olfactory.

Damn, you're good!

The Junkin' Yaya said...

Gorgeous sweetie! Love the colors and the way the blue stone (Creator's color) shines so brightly against the Mother Earth! Very spiritual...obvious you have been listening to your anecestors. Isn't it amazing how beautiful our creations can be---when we "step out of the picture" and let the spirits take over? :)

xo..deb

The Muse said...

Im not sure how blogger has managed to wipe me off your bloggers follow list...but im still here!

CatHerder said...

thats beautiful....thats the style of jewelry I craft...love it!