Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Stop at Manley's Antiques...











Decided to take a trip to Manley's today to see how there Christmas season transpired...it was slow, but not horrific. We had to contend with snow and ice storms coming in on the weekends. People are just afraid to travel when the news and weather channel scares them into hibernation. But they don't think about us poor slobs that have to man our shops during the inclement weather systems.

But so far this new year, the storms in all their fury have been missing us...note words 'so far'. Nothing is guaranteed in the frigid North. I believe it was Mark Twain that quoted, if you don't like the weather in Iowa, stick around, tomorrow it'll be different. You can have ice and snow one day and 60 degrees the next, but so it is in the Nor'lunds...my home.

I've not cropped any of the photos so you can click on to enlarge to see all the wonderful smalls Dave and LeeAnn collect for our pleasure. Those kids really have it together and their shop shows it and the prices are fair compared to most. Dave has each piece move in ready, polished and put back together, you can move them right in like they were just purchased from the Sears ans Roebuck, back in the day.

Enjoy the trip down memory lane.

12 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Oh boy!

The desk
and
the hanging cupboard behind the desk
and
the metal bread box
and
and
and....

time-worn interiors said...

I'm coming! I wish!
Love ya Sis

M.Kate said...

So much of nice stuff there...if only I can find something similar, hope the weather turns better.

summersundays-jw said...

Where is Manley's store? We need to make a trip to Iowa so bad. What a great store. We'll all hope for a gentle winter & an early spring. Jan

Roses and Lilacs said...

I wish I was closer. Those Iowa dealers have the best stuff;)

I'm holding my breath when it comes to the weather. So far in 2009 it's gone north and south of us.
Marnie

vikki said...

now i reallllyyyyyy have to git to manleys'! it is always sucha warm place to visit & they are soo nice. so are you for showing all the wonderful treasures & sisters', too. thanx for telling me about the other site. will check it out more later. thanx for the visit m'friend. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

The Junkin' Yaya said...

OMG...LOVE that shelve cabinet hanging on the wall. I can definitely see that in either my studio or the shop!

By the way...that was a very loving & sweet thing you did for the 2 Chippy's! :) What a sweet person you are...but, of course...the name "SWEET Repose"!

xo...deb

Utah Grammie said...

I likey! I wanna go there. I wanna spend money there.

Love the photo album open and on the desk - really cool.
Thanks for always sharing such inspiring photos!

Pam said...

Everytime I drive by Manley's I wish I would take the time to stop and see them. But I ALWAYS SPEND MONEY! I need to sell! Thanks for the advertising for Manley's. Don't just love them both!!!

Once upon a time Sharon, Pam and LeaAnn sat together in Shorthand Class. Therefore...we didn't learn much but sure became good friends for life!

Dianne said...

What great finds!

I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love your dog's name. What a cutie.

Looks cold there. We reached 63 degrees today. I know...shut up already!

Craig White said...

nice article upon antiques. This valentine you can gave free antiques jewelry to your love.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色