Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Good to be free


When I moved back from Florida, I decided to live in the old farm house that we had used for one of our candle shops and yes it is pink panther pink. Now I am a neutral color person, greys, tans, earth tones, so this was kind of a shock to my system, but you know, I am really gettin used to it. This little nest suits my artistic whims and at age 58 and unattached, I can do whatever I derned well please. I have 1930's wallpaper on the walls of my parlor with palm fronds and pink posies and in the front room I have removed the old wallpaper to reveal the old plaster, what a look, cracks and all. I am even grunging the white walls to give them that 'need paint' look. But what a comfort it is to me to be in an old granny's house and have it reflect her style from back in the day. It is like being on an archeological dig, unearthing bits and pieces of the past. I even took off the 60's paneling in my kitchen to reveal old paper, but under that paper was an even cooler paper. I felt like I was restoring the Sistine Chapel as I peeled away the first layer. Not for everyone, but then, I only have to please Scratchy...