Friday, April 18, 2008

Throw-away-society


Thank God for all of us junkers, otherwise the landfills of America would be mountain ranges. These two grand pictures were actually thrift store finds, love it, what a find. We all have those finds of the century moments at the thrifts, mine was finding this beautiful chocolate brown glazed jardiniere, with a hand-painted iris on the front...you guessed it, WELLER...and in perfect condition. What a find and it sits in MY house, for now anyway, after all, it is just stuff...right...

3 comments:

Heather said...

You go, girl! I agree about what people will throw away. In fact, I've been known to dive in a dumpster a time or two when something potentially fabulous might be inside.

Little Brown Sparrow said...

I know exactly what you mean- half of the things in my house would be six feet under garbage if I hadn't reeled them in...latest was a Victorian white cane whatnot shelf...hooked out of a 10 foot deep dumpster!

Bravery in salvage...

ps- thank you for making me aware of you and your amazing world, I love it!

vikki said...

way ta go girl!! =) i love garbage day, some people throw the 'coolest' goodies away!! that is good fer me, tho!! =) even have some neighbors put it out and call me, or put it by the container, and if i want it, i have easy access... LOVE it! they even know to call after bill leaves for work! anxious for city-wide sales and flea find markets!! whooo hoooo =) keep on seekin', and u shall find! loveya m'friend. vikki =)