Saturday, April 19, 2008

Say hello to my little friends...






OK, I did mention my stint with taxidermy right...well after being married to the Marlboro Man for 20 years, I did develop a few eccentricities, to say the least. He was(still is)an avid hunter of all things edible. So my skills developed as the booty came in. Not wanting to waste any part of the poor creature, I started 'Feather in the Wind' taxidermy services. But as that husband and that career went by the wayside, the fascination with old taxidermy did not. I have vowed on every antiquing foray, to find the most unusual piece out there (and I have found some humdingers). OK, it isn't for everyone...but then again, neither am I...by the way, the rattler is one of my daughters first attempts at reptiles...pretty good aye...

5 comments:

vikki said...

ok hi, to your friends, but i prefer the furry, fuzzy type... not the scaly, slithery ones. now with it gittin' warmer, i am awaiting the dreaded snakes... hate 'em. just like u hate the spiders... if i see a snake i will call u, and if u see a spider(even tho they are not favorites, either) u call me to git 'em. that was our deal remember? later,m' friend. vikki =)

cconz said...

sharon, i've been on ebay several times looking for toads playing instruments. the old stuffed ones. welllll, look what you have. i'll be down. cathie

Cami said...

I just emailed you mentioning the marlboro man and clicked over to visit your blog and there you are mentioning it! Too funny. My son is on the lookout for a squirrel. We antiqued today... No squirrel. You're quite good. My marlboro man Dad had a bobcat on his coffee table for years. I have a dear in my studio named Myrna Doyle that I decorate like a church lady. Earrings, hats, boa... My Dad would not be thrilled to see a mounted deer done this way!!! ROFL! Makes me laugh and that's all that matters. Your title "say hello to my little friends" cracked me up. And some wacky friends you do have. Glad you passed your skills on to the next generation... Okay, book over!

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

Hi..do you have any more 'friends'?
I don't mean snakes either.
looking for birds. Iguana is interesting...
xo lulu

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

I am interested in the birds.
lulu