Friday, July 25, 2008

Beauty in the eye of the Victorian






Prints of old have always enthralled me, their quiet beauty reminding us of pleasant pastures and simple objects d'art to be found at home. Fruit portraits grace my kitchen walls to remind me of Earth's splendid bounty, ours for the cultivating, the beautiful landscapes lure you into traveling to new scape's of time, long past, but well published in memories. Floral bouquets of such splendid color put to paper by some Victorian artist fulfilling the role they had played in the artistic realm. But what would be your walls without these splendid renditions of old...

8 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

These are beautiful prints. I especially like the first two. They'd look quite nice in my kitchen :)

kathy said...

Wonderful prints -- I do visit your blog daily -- I met you thru Vikki -- Such a sweetie -- Kathy - GA

Eve said...

Those are wondreful. What fun it must have been to own an antique store. The closest I came was selling collectibles on eBay for a few years. I would buy these beautuful prints and then have to sell them. Broke my heart.


I just wish I had more wall space. I would own prints of a lot of the old masters.

white o'morn cottage said...

Yes, yes, I love them Sharon, especially the last one. I get "lost" in ones like that. Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely weekend...love Pam

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love the old Victorian Chromolithographs...their colors are so beautiful. Modern printing methods just can't compare. Thanks so much for visiting my garden today, and for sharing these wonderful prints.
xo Lidy

MuseSwings said...

What a lovely blog! Your poetry is wonderful. I especially enjoyed I Am.
Glad I stopped by (via Granny Smith)

Cynthia

High Desert Diva said...

Nice selection...prints and frames

Greyscale Territory said...

I wanted to post a comment here a while ago, but Blogger had an outage and so I couldn't comment. But now I am back.

And I still love that first image best of all! I love all the pics, but the first one seems to have a fascinating frame that highlights the lush fruit! Magical!