Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ooooo, chandeliers...





Remember back in the day when the chandeliers had to be all gold and shiny...then along came the shabby look. To our husbands utter confusion, we said 'Honey, can you hang this over the dining room table'...well, let the games begin...Did we really have any clue to what the next mega decorating styles would do to further liberate women from their conservative shackles. Then you have the people that completely go over the edge and paint their houses pink, hmmm...but everyone that sees the chateau falls in love with it and somewhere in the back of their dream scape, would secretly love to live so freely on the edge...well anyway...enough about the nut-case, here are some chandeliers at Sisters.

6 comments:

Shab-n-Chic said...

I remember that day well...and the days and weeks that followed. He must have hit his head on that thing every other day as he got up from our table. He cursed that daisy chandelier but it still hangs. He just eats in the family room now...hahaha.

cconz said...

i'd love to have MORE chandeleirs. but, i've had a beautiful one for some years now, it's hidden up stairs under a bunch of other stuff. bill HAS'NT GOTTEN AROUND TO IT!!!!

High Desert Diva said...

They are all very cool.


Love the way your Martian is decked out for the 4th!

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

Okay...that Daisy gig has MY NAME ALL OVER IT...PLS EMAIL THE PARTICULARIES...
p.s. do you accept Confederate $?

xo guess who?

Greyscale Territory said...

I have always loved chandeliers. They have the most amazing tiers of magic!

And thank you so much for your beautiful comments on my blog re Blogoversary!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I'll take all the chandeliars, wrap them up, I'll be there in a couple of hours. Could you please have lunch ready? Oh...sorry let me wake up now, I'm in dream land. Never mind, don't wake me, let me keep dreaming I'm at your shop buying!!!