Saturday, July 26, 2008

Petals






I don't know any one who hasn't marveled at the beauty of the graceful Roseville pottery. Even with chips and cracks from a Grandchild's curious fingers, the beauty still holds strong. I have picked up pieces here and there when cost allowed, but all will soon be priced and taken to Sisters' in preparation for the holiday gifting season. Owning just one piece, large or small will give character to that little space that just needs a bit of color and artistry.

7 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

Sharon ~ You are introducing me to so many antiques I know nothing about. These items are so magnificent.

My favourites are the 2nd and last one. I guesss I love the unusual line for the eye to enjoy following.

Betty said...

Popped over from Colleen's blog...gonna be back for more. You have such interesting posts! I'm new at this, so don't have the 'bells and whistles'...surely do love looking at yours!

My early posts are about our dogs; so glad to find ONE MORE dog lover! The world's a better place with you in it! Take care.

white o'morn cottage said...

Oh, the green one! I had never heard of them before. I will watch out for them. Exceptional. Keep sharing...I love learning new stuff and you know so much...cheers..Pam

Rescued For You said...

Personally, I like the ones with the lil chips. It shows they were ohhhhh so loved! Ya know, I do not even own one piece! I'll be on the lookout for a special one to get...with a chip of course!!
Smiles, Lorie

cconz said...

sharon we have some similar interests don't we. i love roseville too, i just can get it with chips. too exspensive for me. i second one is my fav.

the teach said...

These are most beautiful! How lucky you are! I hope you own them all. :)

Karen said...

Loved the Roseville! I have only one piece that is a treasured family heirloom, and would love a few more that reside at my MILs LOL. Karen