Monday, July 7, 2008

Come sit fer a spell...can you






Are we so busy that we don't take the time for dreamin' or were we punished for just sittin' n dreamin'...remember your folks or your teachers saying 'quit your dreamin' and get busy'...or 'quit foolin' around, are you dreamin'...can we in our busy society fathom sitting anywhere and actually doing nothing. Somethin' about the lure of an old bench that beckons us, 'sit and wait and you will see'...the ol' metal lawn chair that speaks, 'summertime...time to goof off'. Well used and comforting to our soul is the memory of Grandma rocking us and singing those ol' timey tunes that lulled us to sleep in those crusty ol' chairs...it's the memories. In your minds eye, can you see yourself there doing nothing...can you...

11 comments:

Kay Cox said...

These are lovely photos. I feel rested and cooler just looking at them. Iowa must be cooler than the Texas Gulf coast.
Thanks for the brief rest.

Greyscale Territory said...

O your chairs are quite magical in the play of sunlight and shadow! I used to dream on a swing as a child ~ for hours! Now, I have trouble sitting still to dream, but I am getting that old dreaming feeling back by walking every day by the sea with my camera! (It will only last till this Sunday, then it's back to school Monday! Sighhhhhh) Even today when it was drizzly and the coldest winter day so far I still walked the beach rugged up like a polar bear + umbrella! And still managed pics! What a sight I must have been!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, let me redo my entry...You do my heart good!! Why is that we feel guilty when we sit and do nothing!!

vikki said...

great pics, m'friend! it is too bad we do not take some 'me' time, sit, and relax. with all the modern conveniences there is still never time... we just have to make it a priority and do the sit down, reflect and dream thing! have a good one. hugs, vikki ♥

Roses and Lilacs said...

Those benches remind me of a story I read recently. A thoughtful husband (in the book) placed several benches around the yard so his wife could sit and view her garden from different places. I really liked that idea.
Marnie

mary schweitzer said...

What a lovely spirit you have!
Maybe when we can get into Iowa again, we can connect.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Mary

High Desert Diva said...

oh yeah

that's why I bought an old porch swing...what a delight!

Hey Harriet said...

Oh yes indeed I can! I'm a champion daydreamer :)

stacy said...

I wish i own every piece you just posted. These are perfect and you just cannot buy them this way.

Mrs.French said...

gorgeous photos, I would love to.