Saturday, July 5, 2008

Living evolving artwork...


In a recent conversation with Cheryl of Stash Studios, she commented on my home being 'living evolving artwork'...and how true. My computer desk is constantly the recipient of great treasures that wandered in from near and far and in a constant state of flux. Having this blog has truly allowed me to expand my horizons from sitting at home alone, in small-town USA, creating in my own lil' world, to reaching a whole new world of exciting artists and like minds...you get to meet a lot more of the NUTS with a blog. I describe my home as 'old library/specimen room', not for everyone but it is my soul, take it or leave it, it is a 'living evolving work of art'. I am thrilled that I have the freedom to be eccentric...and a 'tongue in Cheek' lifestyle. How 'bout you...?

6 comments:

vikki said...

i love it! our collections are sooo us ~ to others it may not seem much, but to us each piece has a heart~felt love. the blog world is soo wonderful and gracious! blessed be the bloggers. love the comment of living evolving art work! so us! to find beauty in everything, and being thank*ful for it! and at times we are nutz!! but that is okay, too =) from one nut to another, loveya, vikki ~God Bless America!~

cconz said...

that's why i when i 1st met you, i knew i really liked you, a kindered spirit. you where so giving, i had met a few other women that made victorian lampshades. But, they went to receptive to "THE COMPETITION"and very nasty. Your one in a million sharon.

Sweet Repose said...

DITTO Cath and like the gal at the aura-imaging said, soul sisters.

Greyscale Territory said...

Yes! I definitely think I belong to the NUTS society. But I can't practise it as well as I would like. I am a high school teacher, so there are limits. But then again, I am quite sure my teenagers would argue that point. They think I'm mad! But if it all helps them to take an interest in learning, I don't really care!

Maybe I don't collect as you do, but (when I was a bit more wealthy) I have been known to wander many olde worlde nooks, looking for treasures. I loved it. Miss those days.

But hey! I have my writing and pics! I am hoping they will give me the means to (eccentric?) retirement some day.

The Feathered Nest said...

I love your style Sharon! We all have our things that we treasure and that's what makes us, us! I had to click on the photo and examine all of the cool stuff you've arranged in the old box, wonderful!!! The land of blog definitely brings like-minds together ~ xxoo, Dawn

High Desert Diva said...

What a great description! So apt!