Thursday, July 10, 2008

To be a poet...





Something about the mixing and placement of words that makes me envy the poet. Looking at an image or thinking of an image and feeling the words is a poetic skill. To feel the agony or the passion and put it to paper is a true work of art. But to make you feel it, is a gift I readily accept. My poetry is honed in my mind with the beautiful imagery I see all around me, not written, but encapsulated in my psyche and expressed through my art, my home, my work. To love ones work is poetry in motion and to truly see it and feel it, is the miracle of life and an enlightened mind, we all have it you know, just takes a spark...

5 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

Poetry is agony and ecstasy for the poet! You are so right on that! And after the creation, there is always a niggling feeling the poem may not be quite singing the songline you want it to sing. But, as you say, this is what all artists feel! The pain and the passion! I couldn't exist without it!

High Desert Diva said...

You got it!

vikki said...

great pix... sometimes i think we are tooo hard on ourselves, and keep wondering if it sounds right, looks right, whatever... hopefully others will love it as we do... and your talents shine! hugs and blessings for a wonderful friday m'friend. vikki ♥

Utah Grammie said...

You definitely have the spirit and the soul of the poet - your words are beautiful and expressive. Keep it up!

cconz said...

sharon, "YOUR A POET AND DID"NT KNOW IT" Don't kid yourself, you have a knack for expressing yourself, weather it be goofing and talking about jethro or getting down to the inner sharon and expressing your self beautifully!!At least you can see beauty around you.