Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Voice






Turbulent winds of color
changing seasons
fragile
like old clothes on a clothesline
left to dry too long
lifeless
heir to the voice.

Free
seeds of choice
to grow again

on the voice.



As summer marches on with a quickening pace, I feel the urge to capture as much life force out of it as I can. Being in my gardens as much as I have time for is something that is always at the top of my 'to do' list, me and the dog and the wind. I feel blessed at this time of my life to able to stay at home and work...and watch...to finally enjoy the seasons of my life. Giving more and taking less gives one a sense that all is well in the circle of life... to be part of the wind.

9 comments:

vikki said...

don't u just love the flowers? and the beez? it just don't git any better than this... love the pics and the music. have a good one. great blogs m'friend. hugs, vikki ♥

Greyscale Territory said...

O Sharon ~

This must be a little window on heaven. Your pics are such a delight! Not just the colour and detail, but the sense of love in them. You can feel it.

white o'morn cottage said...

Yes, Sharon..you say it so well. Giving more and taking less is in a strange way so balanced. Thanks for reminding me. Love your blog....love Pam

High Desert Diva said...

I'm enjoying your reflectiveness
(hmmm....reflections...?)

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon. Do you have a wren in the birdhouse?

I like your poem. It reminds me a little of one I published today by Melanie Bishop. She speaks of seed of whim and chance.
Marnie

Eve said...

To be part of the wind sounds wonderful. I have spent too much of my life, against the wind.

roses...I just read that poem in your blog. I liked it very much.

Sweet Repose: I love your header. I think that captures the spirit of this blog to a T.

cconz said...

hi nsweets, i agree with you about the beautiful flower shots. hang on to them. i love your celtic music, it's my fav. cathie

THE VERANDA said...

Such wonderful pictures and music to match! I just love reading your blog.......Maggie

Jeques said...

This article is intoxicating in a nice way, Sharon.
Photographs, poetry, prose.

Sights and sounds

and colors.

Inspiration in abundance, my cup is replenished brimful as I read, and view this post with the accompaniment of ethereal sound in the background.

You made me commune with all the elements. I, too, became part the wind.

I wish you well.

~ Jeques