Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shadow Shot Sunday @ Hey, Harriet

Stand Alone

What is it to stand alone
a single thought
in a vast plain
of meandering airstream
and drifting promise
to move awakened
into color so nourishing
a soul's hunger unquenched
seeks golden threads of truth
through fuchsia colored goblets.

Check out Hey, Harriet, for Shadow Shot Sunday, it's a blast and enter if you dare join this group of shutterbug/poets. You'll meet some great people...I did!


annette said...

Hi Sharon, great shot, butterfly and shadows all in one - well done. Thankyou for visiting my blog and your lovely comments, very much appreciated!! I'm glad you enjoyed! I have just been looking over your storm photos and i know what you mean about the devastation to trees. our last cyclone up here absolutely devastated the trees, brings tears to your eyes just thinking about it, and i just happen to be getting some photos printed off on Friday and came across some that we took. I think i have some before and after photos of one huge big milky pine in particular that i will try and find them to post so you can see. Mother nature is a powerful thing!! enjoy your Sunday. This is my 3rd attempt at posting this comment, it keeps dropping out for some reason, so fingers crossed:0)

Sandra Ree said...

I love this shadow shot! That you were able to capture a butterfly at the same time you caught the lovely shadows on the flower! Well done! :)

Hey Harriet said...

Beautiful! Both photo & poem! Now that's the style of poetry I'd love to be able to write!

Shutterbug/poets...haha...I like that :D

Greyscale Territory said...

This pic is gorgeous! So many priceless details to wander with the eyes! I love it!

And your poetry! It is pouring out so naturally! Absolutely stunning!

vikki said...

beautiful ~ sucha lovely flower & butterfly! two of my favorites! i so enjoy your nature photos, ma earth! kindred in that, are we! keep up the great job ~ photos & writing! hugs, vikki ♥

Rosebud Collection said...

The shot is beautiful, but won't try poetry..Will loose many bloggers if I try..

High Desert Diva said...

What a pretty photo!

You're all turning into poets now, too. Oh...the pressure!

Paz said...

Lovely flower with butterfly and shadow and poem. Love your shadow shot.


Elizabeth said...

This is sch a lovely shot.
The juxtaposition of the day lily and the butterfly.
a real delight.
Yes, this is what we go to blogs for!
Have a super Sunday.

Utah Grammie said...

Beautiful...and the music with your words makes it all that more enjoyable. I do so enjoy YOU!

MuseSwings said...

Ah! A lily can be gilded - with a butterfly! Beautiful picture and wonderful poem!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Lovely photo. Very nice red color on the bloom. I never see butterflies on my daylilies.

Lisa B. said...

Your picture is perfect! I really like your poem!!