Wednesday, September 17, 2008

B-A-T-H-


As evening ebbs
a bath unwanted
necessitates thought...
was it for you
or for moi...
My name is Scratchy
is it reason enough
I had an itch
that's why I scratch
no bugs on me
no ticks or fleas
it's just an itch
so let me be.

A tail (no pun) of woe for a dog with allergies, a fungus in the tall grass she so loves to tunnel through for rodents, but always gets a bath after or will scratch all of her hair off. But it was worth it, we got to play chase the stick (in the house) till she wore me out. I do want her to be clean for at least one day...awwww...poor Scratchy...WHATEVER!!!

8 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

I so love this posting just for Scratchy. It really shows another side of the story!

So beautuful!

High Desert Diva said...

Awwwww!

timeworninteriors said...

Poor Scratchy!
Theothertheresa

paisley said...

my ky is an itchy scratchy girl too.. poor babies... but she hates the baths almost as much as he hates the scratching!!!!

Roses and Lilacs said...

I wonder why the resent baths so much. I've had dogs the loved to swim and would cross the creek when the temps were in the 50's. So why do they hate a nice warm bath?
Marnie

white o'morn cottage said...

Aw, poor thing! She looks so sad - all damp and down in the dumps.
There is a Gift of the Gab blog award for you over on my blog. I hope you enjoy it...'cos you sure got that gift!

MuseSwings said...

Poor Scratchy! Beautiful poem - as if said by Scratchy. Layla is still scratchy - finding new places turn into little bald spots. She pretends not to like her bath, but she loves the attention.

Lela B. said...

I just have to tell ya Rememberance and elegies have been all the rage for about two weeks. for autumn. You've outdone them all. I looked at your whole site and am amazed. Thank You :).