Friday, September 12, 2008

A day in the life...






Hi Theresas'...hi Chippys'...was thinkin' of you gals today as I was flying through Coal Valley filling the cart to the brim, knowing full well that it would torture y'all if I posted pics...so I just posted one of the inside of my truck with my new lil' friend Lefty (eat your heart out Lauri). Why Lefty you ask...well only Lefty's left eye closes, must have been in an all-niter on big-trash pick-up. Why is it in this biz you never have room for a passenger...even with a club cab it would take help from the Almighty or a month on slimfast. But I think it also shows the true character of the REAL junker...the Junk Ho...the Queens of Cram...the Dumpster Divas... the Junk Jypsys!!! We are unafraid of the night...although sometimes procuring that particular curb ornament, does take a bit of dark to help conceal the Ninja suit you're wearing, this also helps if you have to fight for the piece of trash...hi-yah!!! A woman on a mission is a lethal weapon...beware! But we all have the faith, that the day will bring treasures beyond your dreams...well...let' not get into that or I wouldn't be out scabbin' trash...right, I'd be home with my rich Prince Abdul (nicknamed Lefty).

So anyway, this is the day that I post shots of Sisters', but I'm not going to show too much, you're gonna have to come and see for yourself. Barb and Deb were busy flying around the stores getting things ready for next week, she even had to call in for back-up...trusty Elaine showed up shortly to help...that is after she crawled through the 2nd story window to get into the house she accidentally locked...hmmm...Elaine does all the wonderful signs around the stores, she's Barb's other right arm. She has a real talent for calligraphy, to which I think she should pursue...she can also get into your house if you don't have your keys.

So with the help of the Almighty (and Brent and Drew), things will be on schedule and you'll be in for that special Autumn fling that only Sisters' can throw...think Christmas...it's not that far away...and remember, if you like it, you better buy it...I know I've snoozed on too many things and came home crying like a baby...well maybe a slight exaggeration...maybe...

NEW SOAP SCENTS TOO! Awesome new fall fragrance and colors.


9 comments:

Karen from A`Musements said...

I love your pictures, except you always make me CRAZY drooling over stuff I CAN'T HAVE.... I think this could be taken as some form of torture... I love the Halloweenies... who can resist that stuff?! Not me. Then there's your use of the "Cram Queen" or whatever it was you said... You are ALWAYS entertaining.
xoxo
Karen
Woozy with want

kathy said...

Just love your blog -- within your blog is so much eye candy and hearts desire -- WOW the south wants to come to Iowa !!-- Within your heart beats the soul of a poet -- the poetry -yours or borrowed -really speaks to what we
as collectors and purveyors of objects that become reloved - feel .
Thanks you always make me smile
Kathy - GA

RainbowMom said...

Oh yummy. I was just saying how much I don't care for fall and halloween and such but your pictures really made me start thinking otherwise! Really great pictures and lovely post! :D

Wish on a Whisker said...

Sharon~ Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment! You have such a great way of putting thoughts into words! I REALLY want to plan a weekend trip to Iowa because of your wonderful pictures and posts!!! I'm getting tortured too!(Smile) ~Mandy

Greyscale Territory said...

Love the small insight into how you travel! And I notice the delightful touch of rain on the windshield!

An awesome collection of pics!

Add my drooling to the list!

Hey Harriet said...

I always enjoy seeing such wonderful & unique treasures here! I'm trying not to think about Christmas yet. Didn't we just have it? Feels like it was just yesterday. Not quite ready for the next one yet ;)

Shab-n-Chic said...

That picture of your truck interior looks a lot like mine. I remember picking up my daughter from school once and she wanted to give her friend a ride home... until she looked inside..hahaha I think she was a little embarrassed but she got over it. :)

Lisa B. said...

Love the shots of your car...looks like mine of course!

The shop has some cute things! Reminds me that I have a Halloween costume to get made:)

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

Oh how you love to torture the less fortunate......I hope that baby is going to be saved for me.....They all seem to speak to me somehow......Love the Halloween, my favorite time of year. Theresa and I are planning a trip to see you sometime, just got to figure out when....hope you are not going to get any affects of the hurricane. Later, Lauri @ chippys