Monday, September 15, 2008

Note for the Chippys and friends...


Lefty says 'Hey'... just takin' a dip in the bird bath, enjoyin' a little swim before it freezes solid. All is well in Ioway, some basement flooding and street flooding, but nothing major however we did get 5 inches of rain the other night. After this summers 3rd- 'hundred year flood' (that we have every year)... and what is up with that...guess they'll have ta come up with a new excuse for that one...hello ya'll in the white house...GLOBAL WARMING...need I say DUH???

Anywho, thanks for asking...and after living in hurricane country myself, Florida, my prayers go out to the latest victims of the storms.

With exception of the oil refineries...and if you haven't heard, there are hurricanes in the gulf, did your plans not reckon for them...or maybe it's just another great American screw-job to the public...no sympathy here!!! Gas is $3.75 here in Iowa, but of course, that was yesterday. My Mom paid $4.19 in Florida...argh!!! (putting it mildly)

10 comments:

countrygirl3031 said...

Yup...I got gas this morning at 4.15, but as I got closer to work it was 4.34...what the heck!

Hugz,
Michele

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon, gas is $4.15 in IL the great state of taxes.

The third 100 year flood in 3-years. I want a written guarantee that we are goon to go for the next 300 years.
Marnie

Greyscale Territory said...

Our gas (and we call it petrol)in Melbourne, Australia is currently 1.55 cents a litre! We hear petrol prices are going down, but they never go down at weekends. Only early Wednesday morning the price slightly goes down and then starts to rise just in time for the weekend.

Yes! We whinge loudly! Especially when there seems to be the same pattern of rise and fall every week!

RainbowMom said...

We're paying 1.51 a litre right now! Gah.. staying home today. I'm glad that you are well! I've been sending the Earth a little Love these days. Peace.

paisley said...

why is it every time we have a natural disaster it miraculously hikes up the gas prices??? is it just me?? or does someone in the oil business have connections??????

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

Thanks for the 'nod'. I DON'T THINK "Lefty" should go to Lauri..NOPE..I collect doll heads but also dolls. SHE NEEDs ME>
as to gas prices. $5/gal on FRIDAY before the f^*$&( storm hit. Back down to $4.19 mid-grade. OIL closed DOWN today at $95/barrel.
But when the pipelines can't run b/c of no power we cain't git it.
love love love
lulu

Utah Grammie said...

I think we should all get horses..but then "they'd" raise the price of hey, so maybe use our feet -then they'd make the sidewalks Toll-walkways...
go figure...
Colleen

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

Lefty must be a guy hence, the fig leaf. If he were here he would be hot and humid still. Not even thinking about the cooler weather. I need him for the girls.......... Lauri @ Chippys

Shab-n-Chic said...

Lefty! Cover those ta-tas!! hahaha...Just filled up today and it was $3.59 in San Diego. What a bargain.

Hey Harriet said...

I'm just so glad that I don't drive as I couldn't possibly afford the price of petrol these days! Our prices are not as extreme as yours. Yet!