Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shadow Shot Sunday...already again...





My Florida-My Fountain of Youth
This is my dream time,
the sunshine state, my Florida.
Her beauty I discovered as a child
and it burned deep into my soul.
Shadows cast of elegant palms
on a church in St. Augustine,
this ancient city of Spanish conquest
stolen from tribesmen,
the peaceful Seminole.
They knew her harsh secrets,
yet Spaniards stay
building fortress to protect the promise,
eternal youth and riches of gold.
Eternal youth yes, the joy of a child running in the surf
and gold in the sun that never fades.
A home built for a dream in the 50's,
my Grandfather's dream...
to live in the land of eternal youth,
long since fallen to ruin
to a tragic ghetto community
uncaring of the fountain of youth they spoil
and the dream it once held .
But the canopy of my youth still hovers
oer' land of golden, eternal sunshine...
my Florida,
my Fountain of Youth.
Time to check out Hey, Harriet and all the shadows...join in the fun and give us a holler...