Saturday, September 27, 2008

Junk Gypsy on the Edge...

Robin Browns new book, 'A Bit of Velvet and a Dash of Lace', is the inspiration for this Gypsy's new look at the 'Pink Chateau'. With fall fast approaching, velvet throws and wall hangings will help warm the house when the chills are in the air. I love the Bohemian look of the gypsy style with all the bangles and pomp, wonderful music of Jami Sieber's electric cello on the Bose and the gold light bulbs come out to warm the heart and set sweet moods of romance...don't even go there...it's just for appearance...AND...because I can... eat your hearts out...I'll just read a juicy romance book to get my fix...are ya ready for this Scratchy...she loves the new velvet throw over her thrown... mmmm, cozy Mom!
So this is the first wall, many to go as I raid my daughter's store for neat stuff...it is good to be junk dealer!

More later...oh yeah, if you look real close, you can see Scratch under the red chair, she smells a mouse...good Scratchy...ahhhhh, life in the country!

6 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Sorry but that raccoon is freakin' me out a little but I love everything else. It looks like a woman lives there -- no leather recliner & big screen tv. Luckily, my husband gave up on that a long time ago. I love a home that you can just look at it & know who lives there & your's is that. Thanks for sharing. Jan

Greyscale Territory said...

How romantic! The atmosphere seems to ooze out of your pic! I love it! But then, I love all your projects and quests! And I'm not biased at all!

The Feathered Nest said...

OK, I'm here to tell you I love it all!!! Sharon, you are a piece of work and I love your style and that's exactly what you have...style! You are who you are and that's that...no holds barred ~ I can't wait to get my hands on Robin's new book!!! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday, xxoo, Dawn

cconz said...

go girl, i can't wait to get all my velvet and rugs up. i haven't put that book down yet.i have to keep a towel handy to wipe away the druel. i'm trying to think of ways to talk bill into a tin ceiling in the sunroom!!!

High Desert Diva said...

Love all the colors and texture. Lighting is key...good idea with the bulbs!

dot said...

What a nice blog you have. I love the music and the Native American bits and the pictures too!