Friday, September 26, 2008

What's goin' on???





Well, you kinda know me by now, right...well...I need another project to still my constant mind of whirling Earth elements and the need to create. It's something that I have never done, but always wanted to do. A way for me to harness the beauty of Nature in a wearable art form...I am going to try my hand at creating sterling silver and copper jewelry, with Earth elements as my core inspiration. I can never find exactly what I want, I'm sure it's out there, but not affordable to my meager budget for trivial items not necessarily deemed needful. I love the organic feel and look of silver wire, aged to cover original splendor, to a more Earthy tendered age. The use of polished gems, bits of nature and charms to show a respect for the little things that make our world the beautiful wonderland that it is.
Winter is at our doorstep and when the winds are howling, I will be cozy inside, formulating beautiful art pieces of the beauty around me, inspired by the still of the season. This gives me and Scratch the opportunity to forage in the wild for the most unique of Nature's wonders...like the lowly acorn...have you ever stopped to see the beauty in each small seed and wondered of the glorious birth soon to grow of the simple nut? Or small agates, picked up from a day at the rivers edge, unpolished, but of rare beauty in itself.

Many Earth elements await my formulation into a twisted fabrication of what my eye sees as simple beauty and perhaps a poem for each new enterprise, making it an adventure unto itself. A legend created to mark simple meaning of the Creation, in both terms...hmmm...Nancy from Shab n Chic is sending me a pheasant taxidermy piece and that has gotten my wheels to turnin'...my works will be hung on mounted pieces of taxidermy or perhaps a huge river stone or log...or maybe just a chunk of sod...all Earth elements, worthy of exploration. So...'The Wild Thing' is born, my latest adventure.

So what do ya think...am I nuts or what...but like I said...there is still too much goody left in the hours of the day and I'm gonna gettum all.

'The Wild Thing'