Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Silent Companion







Creatures and gnomes, perhaps faeries
and ladies of lost civilizations,
all watching and waiting
as each new dawn brings
weathered fissures
to once brilliant images.
You take away the loneliness
of one,
ones castle, ones paradise,
sweet yard birds...
ornament to a dream,
Faeryland...the land of Oz.

How far will your dreams take you,
where is it you want to explore
and are you free
to let go and receive...
receive this ageless beauty
that dwells in the soul,
of these steady soldiers
of fantasy,
soldiers standing guard
to my entrance
to my all.

8 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I love the gnome. And the wild horse running free.
Marnie

MuseSwings said...

Amazingly beautiful poetry! The wonderful pictures do it justice.

Wish on a Whisker said...

Love the poem! Thanks for sharing! ~Mandy

summersundays-jw said...

Loved the pictures & poetry. Our minds run the same but you have the ability to put it into words. What a gift! Thanks, Jan

Patty. said...

I love your selection of music on your side bar. Right now "On the Nature of Daylight" by Max Richter is playing. I have to buy this mans music. So soothing!
Patty.

Jeques said...

Sharon,

I love the union you did between the images you wanted to paint in your readers mind with the thoughts you're trying to emply in this poem like in a perfect wedding the union is impecable! Further more, I like how this union of thoughts and imagery guide the reader to deep contemplations, to visit the garden of his mind and dream his dreams. And for that I say this poem succeed to awaken the soul to a blissful dreamland.

I wish you well.

~ Jeques

Hey Harriet said...

I'm a sucker for gnomes! What wonderful treasures to be found in your yard! It always appears to be such a happy & fun place :)

High Desert Diva said...

Lovely, thoughtful poem.