Monday, September 8, 2008

Friend's Candle Shed







I work on Saturdays at my daughter's store to give her the day off to be with her new friend and his children, as many of you know, my daughter lost her husband a little over a year ago to brain cancer, a tragedy to be sure, but as we know in this life nothing is permanent. We must move on from our sorrow to hopefulness, that life with that spouse is to be no more, only fond memories locked away in our special places, honoring a soul released to paradise. After 6 years under the shadow of cancer, Piper is finding love again and I wish her well, she deserves happiness after tragedy.

So I am here tearing up the store, giving it a new look and bringing in new stuff. I LUV this lil' red wash stand. Missing it's door, a curtain of osnaburg (feed sack)makes this little treasure the perfect piece to hold a microwave or any other kitchen stuff. You have no idea how hard it is to take these pieces to the shop, when they all look so cute in my house. I love little tables, cause they all serve so many needs in home...work stations, towel bars, desks, junk holders, end tables...on and on the list goes.

So if you're near, check out The Candle Shed..many treasures to be had, plus a myriad of candles and soaps.