Friday, September 19, 2008

Sold...Sold...Sold...







Yes, all the black pieces are sold and I am typing away while the first coat is drying on several pieces gone black...you know what it's like when you have a bare spot...you fret until it is filled. so tomorrow I deliver more black stuff to Sisters'. Black seems to really be hot right now, so while it's moving, we're moving.

I love this old sofa...don't know where they all come from, but they seem to come out of the woodwork around here, there is at least one at all times. But through the years as a business owner gains a fair and honest reputation, people will confide that they have a piece that really needs to disappear, usually taking up space in an attic, garage or barn, so they call Barb, knowing full well that their dear departed piece will find a new home.

And lastly, Elinore...I wanna be just like her when I grow up! She doesn't know it, but she has always reminded me of Tasha Tudor, with her silver bun twisted at the nape of her neck and long skirts. Her willingness to keep working though age has slowed down the use of her hands, she keeps busy, growing flowers she dries and sells and paints furniture too. As her and I were talking today, I found out that she likes Tasha as well. Guess it's just that ol'timey respect for hard work and love of Nature.

Well, as I ventured to the back of Bloom this morning, first thing I notice...there's more stuff...where does she come up with it all...methinks she has a barn...lucky stiff, yes, I have barn-envy, well, a girl can dream, right. Not only that, 3 of the long work table were being loaded up and out the drive...some dealers just know to strike early.

Well, first coat is dry...I'm outta here!