Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Found...



Finally after a summer's worth of scouting, I have a shot of a lowly bee. But this is just not right, he doesn't look quite the same as the furry lil' bumblies I used to raise. This lil' fella flies so fast and erratic it is hard to get a clear shot. He's the same size as a normal bumbler, but I have never seen legs so poofed with polen before, they look like bright yellow balloons attached to his legs. And his flying patterns are not the usual bumbling, grazing form. He jets from one flower to the other as if in a feeding frenzie...how odd. Now I raised bees for about 10 years, so there is just something not right here, call it instinct...and I listen to mine and I am usually right...it's that CRONE thing again!


But reading and talking to others about it, I talked to a farmer down the road and she said that no matter what they spray on the plants, it doesn't kill the pests, so they spray more...is there something wrong with this picture. Believe it when they say the super bugs are here. What kind of toxic concoction will Monsanto brew this time to correct the horror they have inflicted on us now.


Something you never even consider, is the effects of the cell phone. Now if you think about it, all of Nature uses this airspace to navigate, maybe these air waves do affect the bees sense of navigation, as does the sonar practices of the Navy, effect the migration patterns of the whales, disorienting them.


Cell phone towers disturbing the flight paths of migrating birds , flying at night, many thousands of them are killed as they fly into the steel structures in the dark. What other creature habits are altered by our invention. My daughters generation, Generation X, just don't want to know. They just want to move along as planned with a life full of luxury and stuff. My hope is my Grandson's generation will find the cure.


I can dream can't I???