Friday, August 22, 2008

A New Find...






If you love primitives, this is the place for you, Gatherings is a wonderful mix of primitive wares and a spattering of new, candles and soaps. I knew Wanda had a shop in Anamosa, but I had never driven that far before...boy was that a mistake, now I'm hooked. Wanda has been buying my soaps for a while now and decided to go with more scents, so I decided to deliver to her. Vikki from Humble Heart offered to ride with me, as she knew the way and I can always use her muscles when delivering to Sisters'...so off these intrepid shoppers went, knowing they can never say NO to that perfect piece...and we were right...LAYAWAY, we love you!!!

But if this doesn't make you wanna shop Iowa, I don't know what will (besides Sisters')...I'm trying to expand your horizons here, bare with me...every inch, upstairs, downstairs and in between is filled with perfectly executed vignettes from 'back in the day'...she knows how to torture! Enjoys the vignettes and check out her website.
Where will we go next week...the mystery continues...

8 comments:

vikki said...

how i needed today away! thank*u m'friend! it was sooo fun! & the muscles needed was only a small work-out ~ you were easy on me! besides i may be mini, but i am mighty! =) seeing the pics makes me wanna go back soon! of course i will have'ta since i am the layaway queen. that way u gotta go back... =) you have the most yummy*est smelling truck in iowa! hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Greyscale Territory said...

I have been scrolling back and forth through these pics a number of times and just dreaming!

The atmosphere created by so many in one space is magic! I can only imagine!

MuseSwings said...

Thank you for sharing your excusion! What a beautiful shop. I'd probably still be there - at least until I was tossed out with all of my purchases at closing time.
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Wanda said... The soaps are awesome! I can smell the orange clove everywhere!Thanks for the visit and purchases! Your pictures are wonderful and I am amazed you could get such good photos in my hoge podge today! Niceto see you both and stop back soon. If not stop by www.gatherings.110mb.com to check out the changes we are doing for fall.

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

OOOOOOOH very very yummy!
Chippys want to come to Iowa and will have to plan a road trip.
oxox lulu

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Sisters for several years... but remember how beautiful Barb decorates. She's sweet as apple pie, too. First time there she was having a tea party for little girls and was closed. We cried and weeped and she graciously opened. Let's all go together LuLu girl. We'll plan a party. Love Iowa!!!! Peg French Vanilla

paisley said...

got your comment about opening an antique shop... trouble is,, with all the amazing stuff you post here,,,, i wouldn't be able to part with any of it,, and in no time at all i would be buried alive!!!!!!!

white o'morn cottage said...

What wonderful stuff. I love visiting these great places with you. I am going back for another look at hem blown up to see the details...Pam