Saturday, August 30, 2008

The love of the primitive...






I love the texture of old feed sacks, plus the concept of using them to cover 'not so perfect' surfaces, is to me a really cute touch...very PRIMITIVE. Yes it isn't for everyone, but what cute accent pieces here and there in your home, on a porch or in the kitchen, with the lil' prim lampshade to shine through a glow. I can see them mixed in with whites or a French country look. I just love so many looks, it's hard for me to choose a favorite...so I won't...I want them all!!!

I am also getting ready for the pours on my primitive candles for fall. The scent is called 'Fireside' and has a slight scent of the campfire with a floraly, kinda masculine cologne scent. I love this one, it is just screaming FALL and that cozy inside, kinda book readin' weather.

These are all displayed in The Candle Shed, but will be taken to Sisters' for the Fall Open House in two weeks.