Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Sneak Peek...




Well, I'm finally getting it all organized. Since closing my shop downtown, I had all these boxes of candles and soaps piled in my kitchen under the table...then I got to thinking, most of my grooming customers also bought from me at the soap shop, so why not make them available when they bring in their dogs. I have quite a few faithful customers that will follow me to the ends of the Earth, just to have the soap and this is a convenient way to start without having to build a shed right away...right, my lil' side porch.
Throw in a few cupboards and some old junk and you got a display/storage area. I'm filling the yard with bed frames, concrete statues, birdhouses and whatever I find to make it interesting...from my yard to yours. People are always stopping by anyway to try and buy my birdhouses (sorry, they're rented), so why not start sellin' stuff...again...right.

9 comments:

timeworninteriors said...

What a great idea! No rent to pay! I hope you sell tons!
Theothertheresa

cconz said...

sweets, i just knew you couldn't resist. love ya. can't be a girl without a shop for long.

Rescued For You said...

AWESOME idea! Now when the person stops by to ask if you're open (as always)...you really WILL be! I like that you have the Halloween stuff set already...even though it's warm out you KNOW people are thinking fall already! And you know how much I still love the orange even if I am a pink girl! hahaha
Smiles, Lorie

Greyscale Territory said...

I just knew you couldn't resist setting up something! Not surprised at all! So happy for you!

annette said...

Now that sounds like a plan Sharon, good for you, i certainly like browsing through your treasures from here, so i am absolutely sure people would be checking them out in real life. I found it interesting about the bees, i actually saw a show on that a while back where they were extremely concerned about the low bee population and where it would lead us, very scary really!! That green grass looks delightfully happy place to roll around. see you for sss. Annette :0)

white o'morn cottage said...

It looks wonderful! Go, go go!!!
Fancy doing a reciprical link when my site gets goin'?...love Pam

vikki said...

looking great!! good idea. remembered u talked of that at one time... i am glad u did it! love the colors! got my fall out & love it! that is why my kitchen is permanent crows & mustard walls. love 'em... bestest to ya... hugs & blessins, vikki ♥

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

You are a real genius! I love that you'll be grooming pets and selling your lovely soaps & candles!
ox lulu

Hey Harriet said...

That's great news that you're setting up shop again. Brilliant idea! Only wish that I could visit!